Making Money from Adsense

Those of you guys who are new to adsense, make absolutely sure that you have your domain listed in the allowed domains list. It's there in your adsense account. This makes sure that anyone else can't use your ads to ban you.
So that is what that is for. I never understood. Thanks.

So that is what that is for. I never understood. Thanks.

You are welcome. There's lot of things you can do with your Adsense accounts like listing which domains are allowed to run ads under your account, block out competitor ads, get your channels placement targeted by Advertisers, review targeted ads etc.

You are welcome. There's lot of things you can do with your Adsense accounts like listing which domains are allowed to run ads under your account, block out competitor ads, get your channels placement targeted by Advertisers, review targeted ads etc.
I added my site to the allowed ads... hope it helps. Thanks

Those of you guys who are new to adsense, make absolutely sure that you have your domain listed in the allowed domains list. It's there in your adsense account. This makes sure that anyone else can't use your ads to ban you.

I looked for this and can't find it - what page/section is it in please?

Thanks,
Shaun :D

Thanks.

I currently have it set to "Allow any site to display ads for my account" - I assume that's the safest bet if I have multiple sites and domains?

Cheers,
Shaun :D

No... you have done the exact opposite of safe. You have allowed anyone to abuse your publisher id to get you banned.

1. Check the Radio button "Only allow certain sites to show ads for my account".

2. Mention your sites in the textarea field below, one url per line. Mention just the domain like this

abcd.com
xyz.org
whatever.com

I dont click my ads, lol now you guys got me worried about getting $30 so fast.

When I first started with AdSense, the first few week''s worth were making an unholy ton of money. I have no idea why. I even contacted Google to find out if I'd set it up wrong. They assured me that it would even out and it does. Take the money with a smile, dude.

No... you have done the exact opposite of safe. You have allowed anyone to abuse your publisher id to get you banned.
That's what I though too.
You would think that part of the Google agreement and setup would be to list each domain you have ads on.

This is weird. Google your 'pub-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'.
Several websites showed up. Not one being mine directly in the results.

Thought I'd finally give AdSense a go after 3 years of running a site without adverts.

Put lots of conditionals in place so only the basic members and guests see the ad's.

Just 3 weeks after opening my account I've received an email from Google stating that it has been disabled because it "poses a risk of generating invalid activity".

Of course I won't get any response from Google as to exactly what that risk is, so that will be my first and last foray into pay per click advertising.

I've been running adsense since about last Nov/Dec and its been great. I run it as a backup to contextweb which I only fill prob 25% of there then the rest from adsense. Brings in $2-3k a month. Will be interested to see how much it falls by with the fewer page loads I will have in xen.

Top Bottom