Lack of interest Make it easier to search forums, threads, media, etc.

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

tomdav

It's very cumbersome to search forums, threads, media, etc. due to the drop down defaulting to "everywhere". It would be so much easier if there was an alternate button (depending on whether the user is viewing a forum, thread, or media) The drop down can remain for flexibility but there is plenty of room for an extra button.

Attachments

• search.webp
    search.webp
    7.1 KB · Views: 19
Upvote 6
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Second this. Usually if you’re using search functionality in a forum or a thread you’re probably looking for stuff in the context you clicked the button. It’d be better design imo to default to the context rather than everywhere.

When I click search in resources I usually want to search resources, etc. The options change depending on context but not the default for some reason.

As far as the default behavior, I agree it should default to something other than everywhere but I noted that suggestion had been proposed in the past and rejected so I think this is a good compromise.

Another solution would be to just get rid of the drop down and put the [Advanced search] button at the top in the header. That would free up space for 2-3 buttons to replace the options in the drop down.

Last edited:
Top Bottom