• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Mailchimp Xenforo plugin

Did you guys check the Mailchimp error log under Tools in ACP?
If you enter the API and select a newsletter group, the log should record an OK. If there are any red alerts there, take a look and we can discuss further.

Jonathan,
Take a look at the Mailchimp log. It should show you if any of your action (sub/unsub) generates any error.

Brett,
Looks like you didn't put up the files completely.

Brett,
Looks like you didn't put up the files completely.

Files were uploaded fine, I am running XF 1.01 which might be the problem
I will give it a re install when the mod is updated

I have deleted my last post so that it does not clutter up your thread

First off, this is fantastic plugin. I use a cheap mail service, but this plugin seems to be worth the cost of moving to a more expensive Mail Chimp service. I have a bit of a dilemma. I have it installed in my test site. I've signed up as a test user and it correctly adds/removes me based upon my designation.

My plan is to migrate my existing forum to XF. Within my current forum, I had a checkbox that appeared at sign up. If they opted in, they were part of a monthly export to my current email service. That's where it ended with vB. Users could not modify their newsletter status within the forum. When I migrate over 100,000 members to XF, they will have access to change their newsletter status. What is the default status? Is it set to no? If I move my current list to Mail Chimp, will this plugin send/receive data? How will this affect their status?

Thoughts? Ideas on how to best implement this during the migration?

This plugin does not import your current list from VB.
What I would do is to run a query off your current vb database to pull email address/name/relevant fields to a CSV file and save it. The query would look for users that select that checkbox. You want to be compliant and not just put everyone in that list. I purge my 20K list from VB and build it up from 3K when I move to Mailchimp

Then import this list to your mailchim newsletter list. This essentially mass import your subscribers at one shot.
Future members will use the Mailchimp plugin to sign up.

In the future, I may add an option for sidebar signup box. And the option for existing subscribers to modify their status (html/text/mobile, sub/unsub)

This plugin does not import your current list from VB.
What I would do is to run a query off your current vb database to pull email address/name/relevant fields to a CSV file and save it. The query would look for users that select that checkbox. You want to be compliant and not just put everyone in that list. I purge my 20K list from VB and build it up from 3K when I move to Mailchimp

Then import this list to your mailchim newsletter list. This essentially mass import your subscribers at one shot.
Future members will use the Mailchimp plugin to sign up.

In the future, I may add an option for sidebar signup box. And the option for existing subscribers to modify their status (html/text/mobile, sub/unsub)

Okay, so I think I've got a plan. With new members, I was going to get them on MailChimp. This will allow me to start using that service and make sure that it's worth the investment. (My list is over 60K). I'll base this on response, etc. If it works out well, I'll export the list from my current provider to MailChimp, thus uniting my email list.

Thanks for the feedback.

important tip
You haven't sent out anything with your list right?
Make very sure that your 60K list is as clean as possible. Chance is your bounce rate in your first campaign will rock your world and get your account suspended :)
I almost did with my first newsletter. The Mailchimp guy is very serious about not having spammer on their list so if you got a high bounce rate, they will contact you.

Before you import, make an announcement or something to try to get your members to update their email address. People change email address every 2,3 years so if you import list from members who used your site 5 years ago, they will surely bounce.

Andy, would it be possible to run a mySQL query to "find banned users and change newsletter state to no"?

I've just started using the plugin on a fairly active site and noticed a few spammers signed up for the newsletter and confirmed their account.

This will not uninstall without a fatal error
Fatal error: Call to a member function query() on a non-object in /public_html/nyphotoforum/forum/library/MailChimp/Installer.php on line 31

Yes, I mean XF 1.1 as it will have custom profile fields and other things that will allow us to revamp the addon.

Top Bottom