Look! How they've implemented Animated Avatars...

Grover

Look at this overview and see the Avatar of 'DaKat':
http://xenforo.com/community/members/dakat.245/recent-content

Then... go to her Member Card or her profile. Her Avatar comes alive!

I assume this is designed this way on purpose? I love it! I hate it when forums allow animated gifs as Avatars, because it totally destroys the focus on the postings! With xenForo -apparently- you can have animated Avatars, but they only come alive in your Profile and Member Card. Thus, leaving the threads in peace.

If this is indeed designed with these thoughts in mind, then I -once again- make a big compliment to the developers of this outstanding userinterface. I am impressed. Finally a forum package that understands the essential value of the user-experience! :cool:

I guess if the animated image is originally small enough in 96x96, it will animate just fine in posts. Somebody wants to test it out? :D I'm too lazy here

Edit: Avatar is resized to 96x96 even when it's smaller than that

I just tried and uploaded 97 x 79, 96 x 96 and 95 x 95 all of them didn't work in posts, only in profile.
Hope we can get them working on post too.

No, I think the general consensus is that we're happy it doesn't work in posts. They really slow down the loading of threads and can be quite distracting when you're trying to read posts.

Having them work only in the profile is just fine. :D

Why? Why do we need a switch for things that are functioning excellent by default? I hope for once that xenForo will not go switch-crazy like the (now) bloated vBulletin.

Why not? There all of kind of sites/forums out there which there users' demands are vary. XF must provide all different demands for all tastes.
One thing that I love about vB is how many options it has for it's different features.

Top Bottom