Logo not showing on Facebook post

Peggy

I made a post on Facebook with a link to my new site, but the logo.og.png (renamed to fb_logo.png) isn't showing. No image at all is showing. I uploaded the image a couple of days ago.

Any ideas what the problem could be?

Peggy which site are you trying to do this on?

I see your not using the default skin ,I had to add the FB image in the skins I was using
example Flexile Dark "styles/flexiledark/xenforo"

Seem to work fine after that

I wouldn't bother trying to troubleshoot Facebook stuff.
I spent some time on it this morning and it was just randomly adding whatever it wanted: logo, avatar, logo, etc.

Peggy which site are you trying to do this on?

I see your not using the default skin ,I had to add the FB image in the skins I was using
example Flexile Dark "styles/flexiledark/xenforo"

Seem to work fine after that
I added the fb image to ALL of the skins, just in case. No go.

I wouldn't bother trying to troubleshoot Facebook stuff.
I spent some time on it this morning and it was just randomly adding whatever it wanted: logo, avatar, logo, etc.
HA at least yours is showing something!

Favicon as Brogan says, favicon.ico in the root.
If using Firefox (I've found):
1. Delete the current bookmark you have for your site
2. Clear the browser cache CTRL+SHIFT+DELETE (in other words everything)
3. Type in the URL to your domain and the page loads, the favicon should show.
4. Re-bookmark it if needed.
Works for me, but can be a right pain in the bottom. :D

Now, Facebook:
Upon physically typing in your test thread URL into the Share section of Facebook - this happens:

mvt_fb1.webp
It's pulling the Twitter Logo with no choice as to alternatives.

Next:
"Liking" the thread results in:...well nothing at the moment, but when it updates on my screen, I'll screenshot it.
I've checked my personal account and just to be sure, my FB "Page" too but nothing in there "recent" either, I've been all over it.

Next:
"Liking" the thread results in:...well nothing at the moment, but when it updates on my screen, I'll screenshot it.
I've checked my personal account and just to be sure, my FB "Page" too but nothing in there "recent" either, I've been all over it.
Checked my FB page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mx5life/202615446421168
Nothing
Checked personal, nothing. Weird.

Like Brogan says though, troubleshooting FB can be a nightmare - one day everything will be ok, the next things break. Moving goalposts.
My logo.og took a good couple of weeks to show.

LOL yeah it is a nightmare. Thanks for checking. Brogan's FB posts are alternately showing his avatar, logo, avatar, and other stuff.
BUT I didn't know that they're doing some work on FB (what's new?), so that probably has alot to do with the caching issue.

I did what you instructed for the favicon, but no show yet. I'll give it a couple of more days, and try again.
Thanks for your help.

You're welcome Peggy. :)
Though the favicon should be instantly grabbed by the browser. Do you want to send me the favicon over and I'll take a looksee? (PC me if you want for my email)

And just like that, out of the blue, one of the threads on the Recent Activity page on my site is now showing my avatar instead of the site logo.

Despite it still showing as the logo on my Facebook wall.

:rolleyes:

This facebook stuff is very strange. When I clicked the recommend button on this thread, Peggy's picture appeared instead of the Xenforo logo.

On my site I changed "recommend" to "like" but whenever I click the button, I get an error faceb.webp

It does this with random threads and sometimes the thread's url appears instead of the thread title once published. :unsure:

All of the above occurrences explain why I'm done trying to figure that out. :P Mine usually shows the XF logo, though I haven't tried it with threads much (though when I do, it's usually the intended image--same as my avatar here--until I push submit, at which point it turns into an XF logo o_O).

Top Bottom