Like/Dislike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir nick

Well i was chatting about the like system and people mentioned reputation system. Well i said their should be a dislike button.

Which IMO would make up for the reputation system. I think you guys maybe have it but disabled it; As it tends to be abused .

/Fail title name :(

Upvote 2
It would still be the same - Like.

I think the like system is good the way it is as most people are already familiar with it already since it's being used on major websites.

Mah< i think the negativity the dislike brings is not worth the trouble > my two cents. I've posted this in another thread already, explaining my argument in more detail.

Same here floris. On nearly all the youtube videos i view, there is always something about Kill those 8 people that disliked this video or something along these lines. The Dislike button is simply not clicking the like button.

I've seen a lot of drama happen because of negative reputation points given to people on other boards. Toss in comments and it get dirty quickly.

I see it as the old "If you've nothing good to say don't say anything at all" approach.

I personally am VERY disappointed at the lack of a dis-like button... by all means allow people to turn it off... but at least have the option. I think simply clicking dislike leads to less drama then posting a full out comment on why you dislike something. Plus with a dislike then 'reputation' comments could be imported as likes/dislikes... hell I might even have turned on dis-likes and turned off likes.

imo this isnt so much about whether one agrees or not with the idea of having a dislike button; its about having options.
i really hope it is not the goal of xenforo to shape and mold my communities on my behalf.

I know my community would ask for a dislike button, as they are a tight group with not that many problems with flaming and whatnot. But it could always be done with an add-on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom