License for all Waindigo add-ons - CC BY-NC-ND [Deleted]

Apologies. I noticed this on my own site today. I think it works in debug mode but doesn't work when not. Please feel free to use the off option for now until this is fixed.

There are couple of problems when I activate the addon; in thread view it removes the margin :

caps.webp

It also appears to affect the thread prefix selection (Edit Thread) . The prefixes are showing up in the background. You can't select them...

Last bug I noticed is with the "Whats New" results:

caps2.webp

There are couple of problems when I activate the addon; in thread view it removes the margin :

View attachment 32823

It also appears to affect the thread prefix selection (Edit Thread) . The prefixes are showing up in the background. You can't select them...

Last bug I noticed is with the "Whats New" results:

View attachment 32825
Thanks. I am aware of the first error, which effects a few of my add-ons. I'm not sure whether this should be classed as a bug with XenForo, a problem with HTML, or a bug with my add-ons, but I am working on a way of fixing this.

I was not aware of the second error. I will look into this.

Waindigo updated Copyright Notice by Waindigo with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.1 released

Bug fixes:
  • Fixes all known and reported HTML styling errors when copyright notice is moved using this add-on.
  • Fixes error that install fails if Install shared files are not present from another Waindigo add-on (these files are no longer required).
New features:
  • Added new ControllerPreDispatch shared files to enable easy add-on updating and the ability for future Waindigo add-ons to request that the copyright notice is not...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi Waindigo

What's the cost of buying the commercial license?
If you would like to licence any of our add-ons with different conditions (i.e., on a commercial site) please contact us to discuss as costs will be determined on a case-by-case basis.

Please send me a private message if you wish to discuss.

Way to complicated to even get this addon. I first wanted to delete all your addons I'm using in order to remove that stupid copyright notice in each of my sub forums.

I have two queries.

1) Define "commercial website". By definition, surely most of the sites here are commercial as most have advertising space which generates revenue. Are you saying that actually most of your add-ons would need to be paid for to be compliant with your license terms?

2) If you're allowing people to hide the copyright text, why not just let them remove it entirely? Does the copyright text link back to your own site? Is this an effort to increase your own page rank? Would Google bother following and indexing it if it's hidden anyway?
(y)

Waindigo updated Copyright Notice by Waindigo with a new update entry:

Copyright Notice by Waindigo add-on has been replaced

The Copyright Notice by Waindigo add-on is no longer supported in favour of the new Install and Upgrade by Waindigo add-on that includes even more features and fully supports XenForo 1.2.

As well as offering improved copyright move/hide/remove features (including the ability to hide with Javascript and not hide from robots), the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Are you actually selectively hiding the Javascript link from everyone but search engines? If so that can get people removed from Google or Bing for blackhat SEO tactics.
It is an option in the add-on (not selected by default). It is up to users whether or not they use it. I just offer the option.

To clarify, there is an option to use JavaScript or CSS to hide the link, but there is another option to only hide links for non-robots.

It is an option in the add-on (not selected by default). It is up to users whether or not they use it. I just offer the option.

To clarify, there is an option to use JavaScript or CSS to hide the link, but there is another option to only hide links for non-robots.
I would suggest making it clear to people that it can get them blacklisted then because it is something that is severely frowned upon by Google.

Hiding it entirely with CSS from everyone is iffy and will probably be ignored. Hiding it from non-bots will definitely get your site blacklisted at some point or another because it's solely targetting bots for a SEO purpose.

Reactions: rdn
Top Bottom