KnownHost - Managed Hosting Services - !!75% Off Base Cost NVMe, VPS or Cloud!! - Perfect for any size XenForo deployment.

Out of curiosity, where are your shared hosting servers located? I know you guys got the 4 locations (Baltimore, Dallas, Seattle, and Amsterdam), but I don't see if they're specific to what they host besides being able to choose from those 4 for a VPS. Also, I'm assuming the active SQL connection limit is prob 25ish, right? I don't ever hit it, but I thought I'd ask at least in case I do and need to move to a VPS in the future at that point.

Shared/Reseller servers are in Dallas. Cloud VPS and dedicated servers are also only available in Dallas.

Regular SSD VPS is available in all four facilities.

We don't directly limit MySQL connections but MySQL usage is tied into the overall CPU/RAM limits for the account so that's the limit you should look towards.

Hey,

Currently I am on a month to month shared hosting from a different hosting company and I am wondering if there is a noticeable difference in performance when comparing shared hosting to your Managed VPS in general.

Hey,

Currently I am on a month to month shared hosting from a different hosting company and I am wondering if there is a noticeable difference in performance when comparing shared hosting to your Managed VPS in general.

I was using a HostGator VPS plan and switched to KH VPS plan. The difference is VERY noticeable... It is MUCH faster when doing FTP jobs. My forum pages load noticeably faster as well. All of my users commented on this when I first changed over. The tech support service has been outstanding. I have been very happy since changing over and plan to stay with KH a long time unless something changes drastically. Their price is also much better than it was with HostGator.

Hey,

Hey Jul,

You can absolutely see a difference. Obviously we'd want to get a bit more information about your usage and needs to make sure a VPS is right for you, but having the freedom of configurations and choices on how the entire stack is setup really lets you customize things down to your needs.

Reactions: jul
I was using a HostGator VPS plan and switched to KH VPS plan. The difference is VERY noticeable... It is MUCH faster when doing FTP jobs. My forum pages load noticeably faster as well. All of my users commented on this when I first changed over. The tech support service has been outstanding. I have been very happy since changing over and plan to stay with KH a long time unless something changes drastically. Their price is also much better than it was with HostGator.

That's awesome. We're glad to hear that and thanks for choosing KH! :)

Hey Jul,

You can absolutely see a difference. Obviously we'd want to get a bit more information about your usage and needs to make sure a VPS is right for you, but having the freedom of configurations and choices on how the entire stack is setup really lets you customize things down to your needs.

Thank you for your response!

It will mostly used for rubnning Xenforo forums which I believe is by far the most demanding for what we have. We also run like WordPress for one landingpage.

Also am wondering if it is possible to pay for a year with PayPal? Most hosts mainly use creditcard as payment option but I prefer PayPal wallet.

Thank you for your response!

It will mostly used for rubnning Xenforo forums which I believe is by far the most demanding for what we have. We also run like WordPress for one landingpage.

Also am wondering if it is possible to pay for a year with PayPal? Most hosts mainly use creditcard as payment option but I prefer PayPal wallet.

Howdy, You can absolutely pay yearly with Paypal, or you may use a credit card and we also accept ACH payments for US based bank accounts.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else!

I just bought the MVPS-1 hosting. Since it is the lowest rank of your MVPS series it probably isn't the fastest but hopefully faster than my old shared hosting package from another company. Now my questions are, is it possible to upgrade the package in the future? If so, how do I request an upgrade? How long does an upgrade take?

I just bought the MVPS-1 hosting. Since it is the lowest rank of your MVPS series it probably isn't the fastest but hopefully faster than my old shared hosting package from another company. Now my questions are, is it possible to upgrade the package in the future? If so, how do I request an upgrade? How long does an upgrade take?

Howdy and welcome to KH!
Upgrades can be done at anytime via your client portal, and are automatically provisioned once the upgrade invoice is paid.

If you'd like, ask for me directly in sales and I'll give your server a once over to see if there are any recommendations to help page load speeds.

Shared Hosting Account:

I was looking into migrating Xenforo to a new Linux hosting service...

I need to know if you have the below requirements on your servers?

Our needs are
Must meet all xenforo requirements
SSD
Monthly Transfer #
Image Magick
inodes limit
email limit, xenforo sends out a weekly digest and monthly newsletter to all members; What is you email sending limit?
cPanel

Please let me know.

Thanks

Shared Hosting Account:

I was looking into migrating Xenforo to a new Linux hosting service...

I need to know if you have the below requirements on your servers?

Our needs are
Must meet all xenforo requirements
SSD
Monthly Transfer #
Image Magick
inodes limit
email limit, xenforo sends out a weekly digest and monthly newsletter to all members; What is you email sending limit?
cPanel

Please let me know.

Thanks

Hey Sam. It looks like phpAddict answered most of your question in our forum.

Imagemagick is indeed included on our shared plans. Let me know if there's any other outstanding questions I missed :)

Hey , i bought a kvm vps and tried to use the 30% off for life but it didn't work so i used the 50% off for first purchase can we fix this when i renew?

Hey , i bought a kvm vps and tried to use the 30% off for life but it didn't work so i used the 50% off for first purchase can we fix this when i renew?
what is you send email limit per hr, I was told 500 but look on there website and it stated only 100 emails an hour.
I just read that the AUP says 100 per hour, which is not even enouth to handle the forums post alerts that tell you about a recent post.

KnownHost AUP

hared Cloud Accounts:
  1. Each account is allowed a maximum CPU usage equivalent to 50% of one CPU core.
  2. SH-1 will have access to a maximum combined usage of 512MB of memory and a maximum of 128MB per process.
  3. SH-2 will have access to a maximum combined usage of 1024MB of memory and a maximum of 128MB per process.
  4. Each account has a maximum of 200,000 inodes and a maximum combined 1024 IOPS disk performance.
  5. Accounts may not be used for file storage, database storage, media storage and streaming, computer backups or archival purposes.
  6. Each account may execute no more than 100 processes at any given time.
  7. Each account is limited to a maximum execution time of 60 seconds for processes.
  8. Each MySQL query is limited to a maximum execution time of 30 seconds.
  9. Each account is restricted from operating any back end services or servers that require a process to remain running for longer than 60 seconds.
  10. Each account is limited to a maximum of 100 emails sent per hour.

Hello,

I do apologize but our unmanaged plans are not eligible for lifetime discounts. We made sure to price them competitive to the unmanaged cloud market and only offer introductory discounts on them.

Top Bottom