Just noticed a big company using XenForo?

That's a busy forum. Just looking at their forum stats on the index page, they have gained about 2000 posts in the last 5 hours since I first checked it.

Yeah, I can see that. Do you have to register to see whats going on at the site? I can only see some announcement forum.

WOW, just WOW.

Sony knows XenForo is the best software out there :)

It seems they are using Multi-language, as I can see their Log-in page in german language.....
Is it detecting the user-language via browser-settings?

I can not see a language-switch-button anywhere.....

sony_german.gif

PlanetSide 2 is actually a pretty expected game under the gaming community. That's awesome that they are running XF, I'm sure it'll do great. I can't wait to get into the beta.

I didn't mean it was hard, just a pain in the ass because of having to use so many !important classes.

I don't think it's a pain in the ass. Infact, styling the member card is one of the tasks I actually enjoy. I have to admit you have to use !important alot but membercard being a pain? Definitely not. If you ask about the profile page that is a b-itch to style, I absolutely (with a passion) loathe styling that area.

Membercard styling - It's good, it's enjoyable imo and I've styled a fair few membercards.

Editor - totally agree, it's a pain. Discussionlists is another I don't like only because i feel I haven't been at all creative styling that area. yet.

hmmmm what else. I like styling the navigation now that I have familiarized myself with styling every element of it, and can have it looking exactly how i want it and do a full colour change with one click by re-colouring the sliced psd at my disposal.

Shelly, I love your membercards. Love them a lot. :)

Anyway, I am impressed by Sony/SOE for going xenForo, then a great design to boot.

I usually see Sony using Lithium on half of their sites. I don't like it much because it's too server intensive. Page loads are a pain in the @$$ to me. It's one of those reasons why I never go to any of Sony's forums. :( Which is a shame since I have a lot of love for PlayStation.

Actually, I think that gap in nav looks much cleaner to me. But hey, that's just me.

Mostly, because it doesn't look like the designer was sloppy by making the nav div cheap.

Actually, I think that gap in nav looks much cleaner to me. But hey, that's just me.

Mostly, because it doesn't look like the designer was sloppy by making the nav div cheap.

I disagree. I can't fully understand the whole orange line in the tabLinks that for me would have been better left out. eliminate the gap and add in a bottom-left border-radius/bottom-right-border-radius probably even remove the bright cyan border at the top of tablinks so it seamlessly flowed through.

Another thing I noticed on hover and selected the hover effects covers the spacers which I personally think look sloppy. On the right hand side it covers the spacer and on the right it falls a couple of px short.

The point being for a large company I think a style and it's visuals are important. Just my 2 pence worth though. Taking into account focusing on the little things and ensuring they are refined can really set off a style nicely.

I disagree. I can't fully understand the whole orange line in the tabLinks that for me would have been better left out. eliminate the gap and add in a bottom-left border-radius/bottom-right-border-radius probably even remove the bright cyan border at the top of tablinks so it seamlessly flowed through.
I think the orange is to be consistent with the rest of this "space" theme it's got going. The gap between the start of the nav, and the button itself makes it look like the designer used more lines of code, and was sophisticated, while your black image, the one without the gap - looks cheap to me because it looks like to me someone "cut corners."

I think the orange is to be consistent with the rest of this "space" theme it's got going. The gap between the start of the nav, and the button itself makes it look like the designer used more lines of code, and was sophisticated, while your black image, the one without the gap - looks cheap to me because it looks like to me someone "cut corners."

I disagree respectively on some of your points but good on you for sticking to your guns. The gap, is definitely oversight, the hovers and selected tab shouldn't be covering and/or falling short of the spacers. I can see your point with the orange being there for consistency but I'm sure the usage of the orange is there in the navTabs which fit perfectly well I just don't think they should have included it in with the tablink container.

The button. I'm not referring to the styling of it I'm referring to the spacing (i think there's a misunderstanding there).

Anyway, that aside good seeing you back Carlos and posting actively. :)

Top Bottom