It´s time for some official statement what is going on behind xenforo

• Thread starter Thread starter bogus
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, looks like Jake is officially xF mod Staff or something now... It was good while it lasted Jake. ;) Just make sure you quit before things drive you too far away like it did Brogan.

I will refrain from directly speaking to anyone directly about anything that can be understood as borderline aggressive because I don't want to start problems for things that I see as wrong...what I will say is this...

When I was young...I was told something that I can never forget.

"It is easy to judge someone struggling to carry to the world on their shoulders...but if you are in that world or don't carry one on your own shoulders, you have no place to voice you judgements."

As long as Brogan is of good health and carrying on in his life I am not concerned about xf because of him leaving or the reverse ... he as we would say from where I am from is a person who "get's it in" (does work, put's it down, does the job) and has for over 2 years now. With all of the thoughtless crap I have seen thrown at him, I can honestly say I would have banned a WHOLE LOT of people from posting publicly in anything but support forums if I had to walk his shoes for a day.

Can Xenforo survive without Brogan....ABSOLUTELY but for those that have come to respect him as a true fellow human he will surely be missed and for whatever reason it is that he left I for one do not hold it against him.

As far as updates and all that ...for those who have never run a business or commanded an operation I will tell you this...letting someone else dictate how you do your job is nonsense, only the people with the complete picture can make logical decisions...that includes all acts of do and say.

Well, looks like Jake is officially xF mod Staff or something now... It was good while it lasted Jake. ;) Just make sure you quit before things drive you too far away like it did Brogan.
I will post this up ahead of time...Jake has helped me soooo much and given me so much of his own personal time free of charge and of will that I consider him a true friend (forget iFriends, I wish I had friends like him in my face to face life instead of what I do have which is acquaintances) and I can tell you right now from interacting with Jake over the past 2 years here at xf that I will bet my life as the stakes in a wager that says Jake will never intend to insult or harm anyone or even do it accidentally. He is a problem solver...so if someone ends up with a problem with him...I wont even have to read the circumstances...I will assume it is not his problem at all. As a customer and xf user (not that it is my place to decide or even really have an opinion about) I am completely happy with the decisions made in light of additional staff.

But ftr comments like that read offensively to me (I know you didn't mean it that way and that it was intended as a joke to lighten the mood..but some read things like this and take the wrong thing out of it.)...Brogan is a respectable grown man...he made a decision that I assume was in light of what is for the better all the way around for himself and the community. To say he was driven away is to say he had no choice. I have spoken to him a few times around this place and I can tell you that I believe Brogan to be a genuine person, completely capable of making rational decisions, regardless what the task at hand is. I have nothing else to offer here except a giant hats off to the guy.

As long as Brogan is of good health and carrying on in his life I am not concerned about xf because of him leaving or the reverse ... he as we would say from where I am from is a person who "get's it in" (does work, put's it down, does the job) and has for over 2 years now. With all of the thoughtless crap I have seen thrown at him, I can honestly say I would have banned a WHOLE LOT of people from posting publicly in anything but support forums if I had to walk his shoes for a day.

Can Xenforo survive without Brogan....ABSOLUTELY but for those that have come to respect him as a true fellow human he will surely be missed and for whatever reason it is that he left I for one do not hold it against him.

As far as updates and all that ...for those who have never run a business or commanded an operation I will tell you this...letting someone else dictate how you do your job is nonsense, only the people with the complete picture can make logical decisions...that includes all acts of do and say.

I will post this up ahead of time...Jake has helped me soooo much and given me so much of his own personal time free of charge and of will that I consider him a true friend (forget iFriends, I wish I had friends like him in my face to face life instead of what I do have which is acquaintances) and I can tell you right now from interacting with Jake over the past 2 years here at xf that I will bet my life as the stakes in a wager that says Jake will never intend to insult or harm anyone or even do it accidentally. He is a problem solver...so if someone ends up with a problem with him...I wont even have to read the circumstances...I will assume it is not his problem at all. As a customer and xf user (not that it is my place to decide or even really have an opinion about) I am completely happy with the decisions made in light of additional staff.

But ftr comments like that read offensively to me (I know you didn't mean it that way and that it was intended as a joke to lighten the mood..but some read things like this and take the wrong thing out of it.)...Brogan is a respectable grown man...he made a decision that I assume was in light of what is for the better all the way around for himself and the community. To say he was driven away is to say he had no choice. I have spoken to him a few times around this place and I can tell you that I believe Brogan to be a genuine person, completely capable of making rational decisions, regardless what the task at hand is. I have nothing else to offer here except a giant hats off to the guy.

As for Brogan, I simply meant that the people here drove him away, not that he "ran" or otherwise has any sort of character flaw/issue.

And Jake, I know he's a great guy, he's helped me in the past, and even sent me PCs when I didn't request his help specifically. Great guy, I just don't want to see a great guy turn into a guy that thinks he might of made a mistake at some point.

Again, no offense was meant towards either person. It wasn't a joke, I was completely serious in that I think Jake did just fine without having a mod title. Some people want him to have recognition of his efforts, but I've seen people time and time again (just such as your quoted post) give that recognition. So... I just don't see the point. I won't argue it and don't even have a problem with it. Assuming the community here doesn't make Jake regret the decision at some point. =)

In a nutshell, there is no XenForo we used to know. Whatever reason there might be behind K&M's AWOL drama, I won't be renewing my licenses or buying new ones until they get their act right. That's my straightforward insignificant voice. I hope they hear.

Brogan, best of luck to you. Kendine ve ailene iyi bak.

As for Brogan, I simply meant that the people here drove him away, not that he "ran" or otherwise has any sort of character flaw/issue.

And Jake, I know he's a great guy, he's helped me in the past, and even sent me PCs when I didn't request his help specifically. Great guy, I just don't want to see a great guy turn into a guy that thinks he might of made a mistake at some point.

Again, no offense was meant towards either person. It wasn't a joke, I was completely serious in that I think Jake did just fine without having a mod title. Some people want him to have recognition of his efforts, but I've seen people time and time again (just such as your quoted post) give that recognition. So... I just don't see the point. I won't argue it and don't even have a problem with it. Assuming the community here doesn't make Jake regret the decision at some point. =)

I know you meant no offense :) But because I am me I wanted to post a different view because a couple years ago I would have interpreted this entire thread completely the wrong way.

We have both been here for a while so we both know Jake has put in work for a minute now, so the title to me or you may mean less than it would to a new person but it still distinguishes that xf recognizes him and for the newcomers it is good information. When your new and you don't know who to ask what... it is comforting to see the title there so you know it is ok to ask the question in the capacity of some sort of official answer.

Your voice is not insignificant. Mike, Kier, and Ashley have not created drama, others have.

Between Ashley's announcement and XF taking on two new Moderators it looks to me that "KAM"s act is quite right.

quod fere totus mundus exerceat histrionem

I think of it more as immediate and decisive action than an act :)

Not that my opinion matters, but this is the way I see it.

They have a community sitting here in panic. I can see both sides of the coin here. I believe all that it would take is a quick "sorry for the lack of updates on what's going on". This should help settle the community down a bit. As far as what is happening with the software, I am not too concerned about it. We have great software here, and addons are always being released, so we should be good for a while longer - assuming they have stopped developing the software (which they have not as stated in the latest update). So if people need to panic, this is really not the time. In a few more months, maybe.

So the way I see it is that time will tell. As far as the suit goes, I am not worried in the slightest. In fact, I just purchased a new xenforo license for a new community I am building.

I think everyone needs to slow down, chill out, smoke a bong or something, and just relax for a minute. If everyone is THIS concerned about what is going on, driving the community into the ground is not going to help, it will just make it look unorganised and out of control, and new customers will go elsewhere.

Just my opinion though...

Panic? No panic here.

I think people should stop trying to make an issue out of nothing. People come and go, that's the flow of life.

If you want a statement, here's a statement (unofficial):

We appreciate our customers continuous patience, and trust in the XenForo products. It is regrettable that these unfounded allegations and untruths continue to be propagated by Internet Brands and detract innovations in community software industry. We expect to prevail on these issues and Internet Brands's other claims.

We will continue to develop and innovate the XenForo with continued innovations to our next generation web applications.

Mike, Kier, and Ashley have not created drama, others have.

Between Ashley's announcement and XF taking on two new Moderators it looks to me that "KAM"s act is quite right.
Ashley's announcement is more of a damage control move. The true insight to the Xenforo's state of affairs comes from Brogan.

I stepped down because I have been begging for months for additional moderators to be appointed and an announcement to be made, to let the customers know what is happening.

Unfortunately that has been falling on deaf ears for so long I was left with no other choice.

I knew my action would finally cause something to happen, so you could say I did it for the community.

It's too depressing to read and face the truth. I'll be out of here for a while.

I had no way of supporting my resources since I've been in moderation for the past week (which I accepted)
What does being in moderation mean? I've seen this mentioned about you and I still don't get it.

Before, Kier frequented this community virtually every day, discussed with customers current and future ideas, gave us frequent update teasers about what's to come, participated in off-topic discussions.

Before, Mike frequented this community virtually every day, discussed with customers current and future ideas, gave us frequent update teasers about what's to come, participated in off-topic discussions.

Then, from one day to the next, Kier stopped visiting. No more discussions with customers about current and future ideas. No more update teasers about what's to come. No more participation in any discussion.

Then, from one day to the next, Mike stopped visiting. No more discussions with customers about current and future ideas. No more update teasers about what's to come. No more participation in any discussion.

Nobody here is asking anyone to entertain us with their presence. And for those of you who wish things to be different: no matter how often you call it negativity, rumor mongering or whatever you like, it doesn't change a single thing. The recent development of the main guys behind XF flipping from one extreme to the other is most worrying and cannot be explained by any explanation that has been given to us yet.
This is the realest post in the thread. No offense to everyone but I don't care about roadmaps and development updates. Posters like Jake Bunce, Brogan, Floris and Shelly have helped me out a lot. These key posters actually attract me to the website, more than xenforo's features. These key posters have imparted lots of knowledge to measly me, a noob, that has expanded my horizons. These key posters make up a team:

Kier - Captain Picard.

Mike - Commander Riker.

Brogan - Lt. Commander Data

Jake Bunce - Wesley Crusher

Shelley - Deanna Troi

Floris - Q

star%20trek%20next%20generation%20cast%20family%20guy.jpg

They all need to flip back to the extreme of posting as a team like before. Sa'll I'm saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom