Is there a way to install Xenforo inside of Wordpress?

Deepmartini

Is there a way to install Xenforo so it sits inside of a Wordpress page? Basically I want the wordpress header and menus to be at the top above Xenforo's and make Xenforo look like the rest of my site. Wordpress footers would be there as well. That way users won't get lost and navigation structures are similar within the whole site and not confusing for end users.

I would modify the style of XenForo to look like Wordpress. This requires editing the templates and CSS of XenForo. HTML and CSS ability is required. XenForo would remain separate from Wordpress except it would be styled to look like Wordpress.

If there was an easy way to do a "wrapper" around xenforo that would be best. Handcoding css and having to make changes every time a Wordpress menu changed would be a pain. It would be nice if the wrapper would just inherit automatically the Wordpress header and footer areas.

It would be nice if the wrapper would just inherit automatically the Wordpress header and footer areas.

Using the Wordpress header and footer is exactly what I had in mind. But there is nothing automatic about it. It must be coded. No doubt the HTML and CSS will need to be modified for use in XenForo.

The only other option I can think of is to use a frame within a Wordpress page, but framing introduces problems with cookie scope and link targets. I wouldn't go that route. The best approach is to modify XenForo's style.

If WP and XF are styled to look similar ....
What about Login integration ?

If the question is ...
Q: Is there a way to install Xenforo inside of Wordpress?
Then the answer is ...
A: Not really.

Top Bottom