Internet Brands claims against XenForo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I have no doubt that the plugins will be coming in full force, it's just a matter of timing. But I am excited to use the software for my new forums :).

Which more than implies that Kier and Mike have copied vBulletin code
amounts to an expression of the prior work. We believe we will be able to easily show that Xenforo is infringing under this test.

EXPRESSION is the key. That's a pretty loose term. I can EXPRESS an image of a flower, or better yet, I can EXPRESS my feelings about the Mona Lisa by painting a copy of it by looking at a photo of it (or by being in front of it, but hey, a photo's cheaper than a flight to Paris!). The latter's legal, and art students the world over do it all the time, albeit I don't know what would happen if they sell it. Presumably it comes under fair use laws as long as you don't pass it off as the original.

Anyway, you could say that every forum is like an expression of the ones before it. Ultimately a forum is just a text based conference room. Under those rough arguments (swiss cheese anyone?), the words in this very post infringes upon someone somewhere who thought up something similar at sometime previous to its existence!

Just gave IB a piece of my mind in their discussion thread. Probably won't be read, lost in the cloud, but I made my point heard.

That's a very good post. I still find the general tone, personal accusations and veiled threats made in vBulletin's statement of intent hard to understand. Regardless of whether or not they have a case, what's been written there is simply unprofessional and vindictive. I wonder who actually composed it.

This is kind of off-topic, but seeing as how there have been several similar posts... Don't start the sale in the next hour-and-a-half, please. I need to pay attention to class. :P

That's what I was thinking. I have a web design customer that can't GIVE away 2 of his VB licenses right now.

I would have one so I could express my anger in the VB Forums... and also to convert if I can convince the person that takes the decisions...
If he was giving...

With regards to a -no-compete- cause.

Anyone know if when its a year no compete, it means 1 year you cant start working on a project, or a year before you could release something to the public?

K/A/M are working hard on getting the software ready to release, hopefully tonight. Yesterdays' events set them back a few hours.
Good things comes to those who wait ;)
We are patiently eager to jump right in. I feel the excitement of when I first started my first site :D haha feel young again :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom