Internal Server Error on Install

ijeffers

Dumped my install to test another forum import and now getting an Internal Server Error everytime I try to install XF again.

It did occur once yesterday when I was testing something different, but then worked without problem. Now it's consistently doing it while creating the database tables. The only error in the server error log I can see is Premature end of script headers

Any ideas where to start looking? Have opened a support call with my host to see if anything changed because it used to work without fault.

Is there an errog log which has been generated in the directory where you are trying to install?
That might have a bit more information.

Is the server error log you mention from the ACP?
Is there anything in the Apache error logs?

No error log that I can see in the root of the XF directory or data/internal_data - does it put it somewhere specific?

The apache error log just the Premature End of Script Headers, pasted below:

[Mon Dec 20 08:47:48 2010] [error] [client 94.6.206.3] Premature end of script headers: index.php, referer: (DOMAIN)/forums/install/index.php?install/step/1b
[Mon Dec 20 08:47:48 2010] [error] [client 94.6.206.3] File does not exist: /home/ijeffers/(DOMAIN)/internal_error.html, referer: (DOMAIN)/forums/install/index.php?install/step/1b
[Mon Dec 20 08:49:09 2010] [error] [client 94.6.206.3] File does not exist: /home/ijeffers/(DOMAIN)/forums/install
[Mon Dec 20 08:49:09 2010] [error] [client 94.6.206.3] File does not exist: /home/ijeffers/(DOMAIN)/missing.html
[Mon Dec 20 08:51:23 2010] [error] [client 94.6.206.3] File does not exist: /home/ijeffers/(DOMAIN)/(DOMAIN)
[Mon Dec 20 08:51:23 2010] [error] [client 94.6.206.3] File does not exist: /home/ijeffers/(DOMAIN)/missing.html
[Mon Dec 20 08:51:24 2010] [error] [client 94.6.206.3] File does not exist: /home/ijeffers/(DOMAIN)/(DOMAIN)
[Mon Dec 20 08:51:24 2010] [error] [client 94.6.206.3] File does not exist: /home/ijeffers/(DOMAIN)/missing.html
[Mon Dec 20 09:11:30 2010] [error] [client 94.6.206.3] Premature end of script headers: index.php, referer: (DOMAIN)/forums/install/index.php?install/step/1b
[Mon Dec 20 09:11:30 2010] [error] [client 94.6.206.3] File does not exist: /home/ijeffers/(DOMAIN)/internal_error.html, referer: (DOMAIN)/forums/install/index.php?install/step/1b
[Mon Dec 20 09:14:09 2010] [error] [client 94.6.206.3] Premature end of script headers: index.php, referer: (DOMAIN)/forums/install/index.php?install/step/1b
[Mon Dec 20 09:14:09 2010] [error] [client 94.6.206.3] File does not exist: /home/ijeffers/(DOMAIN)/internal_error.html, referer: (DOMAIN)/forums/install/index.php?install/step/1b
[Mon Dec 20 09:17:24 2010] [error] [client 94.6.206.3] Premature end of script headers: index.php, referer: (DOMAIN)/forums/install/index.php?install/step/1b
[Mon Dec 20 09:17:24 2010] [error] [client 94.6.206.3] File does not exist: /home/ijeffers/(DOMAIN)/internal_error.html, referer: (DOMAIN)/forums/install/index.php?install/step/1b
[Mon Dec 20 09:51:35 2010] [error] [client 94.6.206.3] Premature end of script headers: index.php, referer: (DOMAIN)/forums/install/index.php?install/step/1b
[Mon Dec 20 09:51:35 2010] [error] [client 94.6.206.3] File does not exist: /home/ijeffers/(DOMAIN)/internal_error.html, referer: (DOMAIN)/forums/install/index.php?install/step/1b
[Mon Dec 20 10:48:01 2010] [error] [client 94.6.206.3] Premature end of script headers: index.php, referer: (DOMAIN)/forums/install/index.php?install/step/1b
[Mon Dec 20 10:48:01 2010] [error] [client 94.6.206.3] File does not exist: /home/ijeffers/(DOMAIN)/internal_error.html, referer: (DOMAIN)/forums/install/index.php?install/step/1b
[Mon Dec 20 10:55:18 2010] [error] [client 94.6.206.3] Premature end of script headers: index.php, referer: (DOMAIN)/forums/install/index.php?install/step/1b
[Mon Dec 20 10:55:18 2010] [error] [client 94.6.206.3] File does not exist: /home/ijeffers/(DOMAIN)/internal_error.html, referer: (DOMAIN)/forums/install/index.php?install/step/1b

(replaced domain to keep it private) :)

Presumably the account in your config.php has all the necessary privileges for creating tables, etc. on the database?

I can't think what else would prohibit the database from being created after the configuration has been verified.

Let us know what your host says and whether anything has been changed since the last install.

Out of interest, was the last install Beta 4 or Beta 5? At the time you installed it I mean.

I was chatting with Jake and it probably won't help but you could always try enabling debug mode and trying again.

It might throw up some more information...

In typical style after hours of problems, after enabling debug mode the Install has moved on quite happily now and is busy away rebuilding and importing the phrases.....

Very odd.

You really need to find the cause of the error though as going forward you could encounter it again.

Hopefully your host will come back with something.

Well they came back saying that their process watch wasn't killing anything off and that everything appears as it should be so I created another subdomain just to test and have the same issue when trying to install.

What I did notice was that after I got the error, I went to clean the database out and then once I'd dropped the tables it then inserted another one so I'm just wondering if the MySQL server is suffering a bit?

So the install process stopped, you dropped the tables and then the install process restarted and continued?

Definitely something wrong with the server there, it shouldn't get hung up creating a few tables.

Are you on shared hosting, VPS? What are the server spec's?

No, the install process stopped, I dropped the tables and then another table appeared which makes me wonder if the SQL server is running slowly.

I'm on a shared hosting package so no idea what the specs are, I do know that the SQL is hosted on a seperate server from apache though.

Well after about 5 messages insisting there's something wrong they've denied there's anything wrong with the servers at all and that I'd have to go back to XenForo and find out whats wrong with the script (after me even trying the table creation using phpmyadmin and it timing out there) so I left it for the night.

Just tried this morning, the tables are created miraculously quickly - go figure...

Cheers for the help Brogan

Sounds like the mysql server was under a lot of stress when you were having the problems. Glad it seems to be working good for you now. That is one of the bad things about shared hosting, sometimes it can be great with fast page loads and then other times it is at a snails pace.

Top Bottom