internal links

Kier already stated currently the system doesn't differentiate between internal/external links but this feature will be added in the future.

renaming the links is a great SEO feature also, but it would require additional DB calls on each newpost that contains links and if you linked to 15-20 top threads then that would be 20 extra DB calls... depends how optimized the code is really as this is something vBSEO does for vBulletin.

Renaming the links is a great SEO feature also, but it would require additional DB calls on each newpost that contains links and if you linked to 15-20 top threads then that would be 20 extra DB calls...
...orrrr - you get all titles with one database call after you process all the links to extract the id ;)

// edit: could we have a feature that forces $me to read the thread completely before replying? GameR already posted this...

vBSEO does that. Maybe we'll have a xFSEO soon? :p
Oh please Lord, no.
I have a lot of hope that Kier and Mike are coding the software to be search engine friendly/optimized from day one. I remember how shocked I was, when I wanted to buy vBSEO. I'd spent $180 on a new vBulletin license and then I had to spend almost the same amount again on an ADDON?!

They have no competition, which allows them to have very high prices (much like Apple). And after buying one license, I've not bought any for my other forums.
SEO starts with the development of the script. And I have faith that Kier and Mike know that and act by it.

Top Bottom