Installing XenForo Locally and Setting-up Eclipse

I recently purchased the Zend Studio and have also installed Zend Server CE. Is there a starter project available that will show me how to setup my platform for working with XenForo. thanx

William

@Kier I have both eclipse and Zend Studio PRO set up and working great in this environment. Please steer me towards setting up proper syntax highlighting.

When I created the Demo Addon, I had to manually create the Demo subfolder in the library folder. Is this expected behavior or is it created automatically?

I am really impressed with all aspects of XenForo... truly magnificent concept. happy camper here.

Yes, you need to create the subfolders yourself.

I've created a add-on to help me with this (creates subfolders & some important files automatic) and it's also a "packager" which creates automatic a zip file with all needed files & the readme file. (i hope that i can release it soon, ATM it's only usable for our "ragtek add-ons" because of the directorystructur.

@Kier I have both eclipse and Zend Studio PRO set up and working great in this environment. Please steer me towards setting up proper syntax highlighting.
ZS / Eclipse should automatically apply syntax highlighting to PHP files when you open them. If you'd like it to appear differently, simply go through the syntax highlighting preferences for PHP and adjust them to your taste:
Screen shot 2011-05-09 at 14.15.24.webp
When I created the Demo Addon, I had to manually create the Demo subfolder in the library folder. Is this expected behavior or is it created automatically?
Yes, you need to create your own directory structure.

Is there a way to use mod write with zend? I can't seem to find it under "Zend Extensions" ?

Cheers

Also the reason I ask is because "LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so" is un commented :/

mod_rewrite is part of Apache, not PHP, so it would be under the Apache config file.

That said, mod_rewrite is enabled by default with Zend Server, so there should be no need to edit configs.

mod_rewrite is part of Apache, not PHP, so it would be under the Apache config file.

That said, mod_rewrite is enabled by default with Zend Server, so there should be no need to edit configs.
yea I know its part of apache :P that said I get 404 all the time when I have "nice urls" on within xenforo

yea I know its part of apache :p that said I get 404 all the time when I have "nice urls" on within xenforo

http.conf must have an entry for your xenforo folder... I had the same problem until I took care of tha tsmall issue. This applies only to your local installation of xenforo inside of Zend Server CE... is this what you were referring to exactly?

It is looking for AllowOveride All entry so that rewrites can happen ... correct me if I am wrong.

peace

I don't understand why you were looking for it under Zend Extensions then?
Well everything was right in php.ini yet it still don't work... so it was worth a look "No?"
I do apologise for my idiotic dumbness.

so .. what was wrong and what did you do to correct problem?
1. I modified httpd.conf as you recommended. There were 3 places that had AllowOverride defined (<Directory/>, <Directory "C:\...\htdocs"/>, and <Directory "C:\...\htdocs\cgi-bin"/> so I changed them all

This^^

I've already got a license for Flash Builder for PHP (through work, been learning Adobe Flex) and was wondering if there were any issues that you were aware of, using that instead of Zend with xF dev work?

ZendStudio is really buggy, at least in Linux, and not worth the $300 in my opinion. Aptana Studio 3 is much better in every way and it's free. :)

Top Bottom