• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[InfisJSC] Topic starter's rights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes! History of editing of posts strongly do not suffice.
I think you mean:
Yes! Post editing history is inadequate. :)

Request: Thread starter can assign Thread Moderators !
Thread Moderators could be given all the rights of the Topic starter !

Examples:

(1) If you would have assigned me as a thread moderator .... I could have edited your post to correct your English mistakes :)
(2) If you had some reserved posts at the start ... I could make a FAQ for this free addon. I could add screenshots as I make them and add them to posts at the top of the thread.
(3) XenPorta. Jaxel appropriately refuses / just doesn't have the time to document everything about his excellent, free addons. If he was allowed to assign a Thread moderator ... volunteers that he agrees to .... could do the work for him. This would make some inroads to the fact about threads is they get so cluttered over time they almost become useless.

What's the main difference between the first file and second file in the first? I noticed that one is way larger.

Request: Thread starter can assign Thread Moderators !
Thread Moderators could be given all the rights of the Topic starter !

I could have edited your post to correct your English mistakes :)
I would be not against to correct the description in correct English with your help :)
Yes, it would be not bad to have several moderators of a thread. But I yet do not imagine, as it could be realised.

If I created the thread, wouldn't this right already be given to me ?

(1) Edit first Post (I am the thread starter).
- under what situation would you want the thread starter to NOT be able to edit their first post ?
- or can I as the thread starter assign someone else to be able to edit the first post ?
- or is the situation where globally post editing is turned OFF, but the thread starter would be given special permissions ? (this must be the reason ... good idea !).
if a board has a 24 hour edit window imposed it makes it impossible to update an op. in some nodes (add on releases for example) this is far from ideal. it would be great to configure some forums to reflect the edit window on op (like a politics debate node) while removing it from others (such as add on releases).

I would be not against to correct the description in correct English with your help :)
Your english is very understandable - better than how well I can speak any language other than English :)
Yes, it would be not bad to have several moderators of a thread. But I yet do not imagine, as it could be realised.
Would this be possible ? or impossible to add ?

Heard another mod had some problems when moving threads after the thread owner changed title
My plug-in does not change something in the data. Only adds check on the owner of a thread and in case of coincidence id viewing with id the user who has created a thread, adds additional permissions. Thus permissions are checked by standard function from XenForo core. Thus compatibility with any functional XenForo is provided.

Would this be possible ? or impossible to add ?
Possible, but not in that plugin.
I now think over some framework which should simplify essentially adding of the data within the limits of any models. If I can carry out it it will be something like the general framefork for different plug-ins. Plug-ins of indirect developers also can use mine framework. Some system of storage and usage of the storable data with a binding to models (thread, post, attachment, conversation, forum, poll and etc Thus turns out.) between plug-ins.
Here on the basis of such system it will be possible to make such plug-in, as Thread multimoderator or somehow so :)
I generally would want to make a lot of various small and not only small plug-ins, but is restricted in time and yet so well I know XenForo Framework as it would be desirable.

The thing I hate about this add-on is that it completely disregards your previous settings and resets everything.

Can you please make it so that the previous settings are retained?

I'm getting this weird error when I activate the add-on:

Code:
Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated in /home/user/public_html/library/InfisJSC/TopicStarter/Model/Thread.php on line 8
Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated in /home/user/public_html/library/InfisJSC/TopicStarter/Model/Thread.php on line 15
Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated in /home/user/public_html/library/InfisJSC/TopicStarter/Model/Thread.php on line 22
Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated in /home/user/public_html/library/InfisJSC/TopicStarter/Model/Thread.php on line 29
Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated in /home/user/public_html/library/InfisJSC/TopicStarter/Model/Thread.php on line 36
Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated in /home/user/public_html/library/InfisJSC/TopicStarter/Model/Thread.php on line 43

My PHP version details:

PHP 5.2.16 (cli) (built: Mar 2 2011 03:01:24)
Copyright (c) 1997-2010 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.2.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2010 Zend Technologies
with eAccelerator v0.9.6.1, Copyright (c) 2004-2010 eAccelerator, by eAccelerator
with the ionCube PHP Loader v3.3.20, Copyright (c) 2002-2010, by ionCube Ltd., and
with Zend Optimizer v3.3.9, Copyright (c) 1998-2009, by Zend Technologies
with Suhosin v0.9.32.1, Copyright (c) 2007-2010, by SektionEins GmbH

The thing I hate about this add-on is that it completely disregards your previous settings and resets everything.

Can you please make it so that the previous settings are retained?
I did not understand your question. What means under "the previous settings"?
Describe a situation when plug-in Thread Renamer and my plug-in, will conflict. After all it is a question of your assumption of the possible conflict of permissions in between.

Or you want, that my plug-in could use permissions from other plug-in? In general it is possible to make it, only I do not see necessity for it. Plug-ins quite peacefully can coexist.

I'm getting this weird error when I activate the add-on:

Code:
Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated in /home/user/public_html/library/InfisJSC/TopicStarter/Model/Thread.php on line 8
Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated in /home/user/public_html/library/InfisJSC/TopicStarter/Model/Thread.php on line 15
Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated in /home/user/public_html/library/InfisJSC/TopicStarter/Model/Thread.php on line 22
Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated in /home/user/public_html/library/InfisJSC/TopicStarter/Model/Thread.php on line 29
Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated in /home/user/public_html/library/InfisJSC/TopicStarter/Model/Thread.php on line 36
Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated in /home/user/public_html/library/InfisJSC/TopicStarter/Model/Thread.php on line 43
This problem happens because at you in adjustments php warnings that is normally disconnected are deduced, and messages are deduced only at errors.
There are some candidate solutions of the given problem:
1) in a file .htaccess to add
Code:
 php_value error_reporting 1
2) in a file php.ini to replace
Code:
 allow_call_time_pass_reference = off
by
Code:
 allow_call_time_pass_reference = on
or in a file .htaccess to add
Code:
 php_value allow_call_time_pass_reference On
3) in the script to remove in the necessary lines the character &

In the last variant there can be problems in script operation as it is & necessary for correct resetting of value $errorPhraseKey in parent function.

I did not understand your question. What means under "the previous settings"?
Describe a situation when plug-in Thread Renamer and my plug-in, will conflict. After all it is a question of your assumption of the possible conflict of permissions in between.

Or you want, that my plug-in could use permissions from other plug-in? In general it is possible to make it, only I do not see necessity for it. Plug-ins quite peacefully can coexist.
I tried to edit a users post and it wouldn't let me because I no longer had permissions too after installing this modification. I basically have to set Admin usergroup permissions to edit other member's post all over again. If you have more than the normal amount of usergroups then you can see why it would get annoying.

This problem happens because at you in adjustments php warnings that is normally disconnected are deduced, and messages are deduced only at errors.
There are some candidate solutions of the given problem:
1) in a file .htaccess to add
Code:
 php_value error_reporting 1
2) in a file php.ini to replace
Code:
 allow_call_time_pass_reference = off
by
Code:
 allow_call_time_pass_reference = on
or in a file .htaccess to add
Code:
 php_value allow_call_time_pass_reference On
3) in the script to remove in the necessary lines the character &

In the last variant there can be problems in script operation as it is & necessary for correct resetting of value $errorPhraseKey in parent function.

thanks for the answer infis, I will try that when I get the chance. Is the add-on messing up the usergroup & user permissions, does anyone else than The8thLegion experiencing those problems?

I tried to edit a users post and it wouldn't let me because I no longer had permissions too after installing this modification. I basically have to set Admin usergroup permissions to edit other member's post all over again. If you have more than the normal amount of usergroups then you can see why it would get annoying.
I tested a plug-in on normal group of users (Registered). At switching-on necessary permissions such users could edit as the, and posts of other users. Describe, please, what permissions you installed, when they did not work. Because all worked for me at testing how should be. I.e. I did not need to include the user in group Admins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom