Importing from VB4 with VBSEO to Latest Xen

Donny

Hi guys,

I've only just heard that the law suit is over (I'm late on this I know - been busy to say the least) so I'm pleased to say I'll be transferring some of my forums over to Xen now then.

I mostly run VB4 (I know I know) with VBSEO.

So I'm after the porting/import script. And then the script to 301 URL's properly.

I'm going to have a play with some of the least popular forums first, make sure I can customise them and get the features the members use etc - then take the plunge with the busier forums later in the year.

Also; can any of the common plugins for VB be ported over? So the likes system, they'd hate to use their likes. And perhaps user albums - will they port over well? Off the top of my head I can't think of the other plugins to be honest but you get the idea.

Thanks for any and all your help.

Sorted. It was a mixture of issues.

Now I'm struggling with SEO URL's.

I had VBSEO running. So I'm following the couple of threads, and using the tool to find what htaccess lines I need to add. But my URL's aren't forwarding.
Let me get the threads and tell you what I've done so far.

Okay, I can't find the actual thread(s) now after a quick search. I used a tool and inputted my VBSEO URL style and it gave my htaccess to use. I stuck that in my htaccess file, and uploaded a showthread.php and the other core files. Thought that'd do it, but it didn't work.

So now I'm trying this one: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/vbulletin-4-x-url-redirection.120/

I don't get how the htaccess works for this one though.

My old forum URL style was 001, so domain.com/forum-category/1234-thread-title.html
And I want to 301 all of those (and the categories) to the new style Xen URL's.

Whats the best way to do that?!
I had VB4 using VBSEO.

Really struggling with this now lads and ladies. And I'm worried the sites are going to lose their indexes.

Can anybody post the current working plugin, or way, to get VBSEO URL's over to Xen's SEO URLs using 301's?

Right. Got something different now at least.

My settings for a thread were domain.com/t345/ for example. So setting 005 in the standard URL's for VBSEO.
I've DEFINATELY followed the guide correctly now, and edited the config, and I'm getting error 404 now and not just a XF page not found error.

Any clues?

I've managed to get one forum to try and redirect, but it's redirect wrong I think.

The old URL was domain.com/t4545 (to a thread)
It's now pushing to domain.com/threads/4545
This is the VBSEO 005 setting

Got another forum that's not even getting that far.

The old URL was domain.com/forum-category
And it's still trying to load the forum category.
This is the VBSEO 001 setting

I'm baffled. I admit I'm not awesome at this but I'm usually pretty okay. Spent a whole day on this so far and still can't fathom it.

I'm editing the 301config.php but I'm also trying with mod_rewrite files and XML too now.

Top Bottom