Implemented  Head Navigation Tab

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Oops, sorry: I didn't see there was already a thread about it. Glad to see many have the same opinion/thoughts about it, as do the developers.

Dropping the 'Account' tab and using the username area to achieve the same functionality has been on my todo list for some time.
This may seem at odds with my previous post, but dropping the whole "my account" tab might be the best thing to do.

IMO, good UI design provides for different ways to do the same thing, because we each think differently.

Having links more than once in a header-navigation-bar is just double-dipping and users are getting confused.

I am already confused by all those links.... but missing a direct link towards my own Profile-page within the Profile-Drop-Down-box.

ahhh, right.
I just do not recognize black-colored text as being links, especially when they are not underlined......
We don't advertise all our functionality. Some things are blended into the background in order to be discovered by those who go looking.

It's part of a philosophy of not bombarding the user with hundreds of controls and links everywhere.

We don't advertise all our functionality. Some things are blended into the background in order to be discovered by those who go looking.

It's part of a philosophy of not bombarding the user with hundreds of controls and links everywhere.

Thanks !
Did you hire a screen-designer or some kind of psychologist for the UI-design of XF ?

That would be the main reason I appreciate the design Xenforo.We should make things simple and deliver clear site map and cross link to the user.
As another suggestion,why we don't combine the "sign out" tab into the username area?

As another suggestion,why we don't combine the "sign out" tab into the username area?
I had that originally, but in early testing we had several requests for a visible sign-out link that was not buried in a menu - I thought those were probably reasonable requests.

I mean to drop the separate "sign in"tab,not having two tabs for sign out function.
Anyway,it's only a trivial matter.:)

Kier is right: the "Sign out" should not be buried in a sub-menu or drop-down-menu.
This needs to be clearly visible as it is.
Having it additionally within the Drop-Down-box, does not hurt at all.

And... it has been done! http://xenforo.com/community/threads/navigation-area-update.2449/

So much better: it really improves the navigation on XenForo, as rightfully pointed out by customers above. */note to self: reserve money for a future XenForo purchase*
It is much better!

I still think while viewing the Forums it should be 'mark as read' - 'Watched Threads' - 'Whats New' (swapping the mark as read & whats new) edit: like in this picture:

[Implemented] Head Navigation Tab - Page 2 - XenForo Community_1282330847773.webp

When the 'Watched Threads' is clicked it goes you 'your account', it would really be a time saver to have a 'Whats New' button as the far right button, just next to the 'Watched threads'. edit: added picture:

XenForo Community_1282330869775.webp

Personally I really do not see the need to have the 'your account' page show up when viewing Watched Threads, a simple list of watched threads without all the options on the left hand side, which is rarely used compared to Watching Threads, would be excellent. The Your Account page (the same as it is now) would still come up by clicking on the the users name on the right hand side. edit: adding picture. This might be a much cleaner Watched Threads view (also shows swapping the other 2 buttons)

XenForo Community_1282330887944.webp

Top Bottom