Implemented  An indicator to show that you've posted in a thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kim

Hello there

Is there currently a way of graphically indicating which topics one has participated in? I don't seem to see anything like that myself (FF 3.6.8)

If not, can we have a "dot" indicator of some kind.

Thanks!

Kim

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
It felt weird when at first when they didn't include the mini-me's on my own threads. I couldn't quickly glance down the list and see threads I've participated in...If you don't include the mini-me on your own threads, then your brain has to consciously look for 2 things (mini me and your large avatar) as opposed to just one (mini-me)
I couldn't find the right words to describe what I was trying to say in my previous post, but you hit the nail on the head! :cool:

Agreed with having the mini avatar on threads you start as well. I notice the shape/position of the mini avatar more so than I notice the contents of either the large or mini avatar.

It felt weird when at first when they didn't include the mini-me's on my own threads. I couldn't quickly glance at the list and see threads I've participated in...If you don't include the mini-me on your own threads, then your brain has to consciously look for 2 things (mini me and your large avatar) as opposed to just one (mini-me)

This ^.

I couldn't find the right words to describe what I was trying to say in my previous post, but you hit the nail on the head! :cool:

You may have not feel like you found the right words, but you got the message across ;) ...to me at least

It felt weird when at first when they didn't include the mini-me's on my own threads. I couldn't quickly glance at the list and see threads I've participated in...If you don't include the mini-me on your own threads, then your brain has to consciously look for 2 things (mini me and your large avatar) as opposed to just one (mini-me)
I didn't notice as I wasn't online when they were first introduced, so perhaps I missed on seeing it but I get it. :)

I don't know why or how, but it looks nice to me now. :D
And it should stay on thread you/me started.
Also I think there should be an option to switch this feature On/Off in the AdminCP for many reasons such as what DoctorWatsOn said about boards that do not allow avatars, or whatever reason. :)

All Watched Threads mini-me-party...

For everyone that loves mini-me now (including myself), take a look at this screen where he (or she) apparently really feels home, hehe :):

all watched threads.webp

Or even <!-- -->, or perhaps <xen:comment> like vB4 has to actually stop the comments parsing whatsoever! :)

Good question, did we get an answer? :p
Avatars are integrated much into this software i doubt it would do any good to disable them or even have an option to disable them.

Although I didn't like the first implementation, I really like it now.

Maybe it's because the avatar's are 25% larger?

Or maybe it's because it's different from every other forum.

Whatever the reason, I'm glad it's back to stay.

boards without avatars have bigger issues than the mini-me

Why?

That board I linked to earlier has almost 43 million posts and almost 400,000 members, another one I visit has almost 10 million posts/40,000 members and in a recent poll over 85% voted against having avatars - both of those sites also have signatures switched off, some people just like 'clutter-free' boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom