Implemented Image and Media gallery must be INTEGRATED

Tigratrus

Image and video gallery that is actually INTEGRATED with the forums. ALL images and video that has been uploaded should categorizable, searchable and should be EASILY organized and reused by the member. Take a look at http://www.plupload.com/ for an upload system that resizes the image ON THE WORKSTATION. This is huge, as most people don't have a clue how to resize an image and get frustrated when their 5 MB image takes forever to upload.

Upvote 19
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I loved the simplicity of the albums, while most like all the bells 'n' whistles of a full-fledged gallery, which could be quite a while in the making.
Me too. Just having user abiliy to upload pics to their own space, auto generate a thumb; user optionally adds a title or short comment, and categorises.That's fine for starers because some types of users love sharing pics.

For a new XenForo client I am attracting we definitely need User Albums. They love to make use of Facebook for this purpose and want that functionality in their dedicated platform.

(edit: oops, I already saw I liked/contributed to this thread. So consider this reply as an extra 'like' from a potential client
wink.png
)

Would be beneficial if all images posted in threads were available in the gallery as well.

For fast flipping through the cool lightbox~

Can I make a suggestion? I would love to see a gallery that operates in the same way as the vBulletin albums - so users keep track of their images in their profile, making things easy for them, and easy to remove, edit and add photos at any time. However, the difference would be compulsory pre-defined tag or tags for each image. These tags would be set by the admin. For example, on a car forums, maybe tags like "Porsche", "Ford", "BMW". Then have a gallery index with each Tag displayed as a category. In each category, thumbnails linking to full versions with comments.

This would give tight integration with forum software and has a high chance of being used. I use Photopost with vBulletin at the moment, but users feel that the gallery isn't really part of the main site, and subsequently don't use it as much as they could.

I'm keeping my eye on Xenforo with interest. Once I can migrate my whole site over (currently vBulletin CMS 4.1.x and Photopost), I'll be looking very seriously at this, as I'm loving what I see here.

Agree with the last poster, if an upgrade from vBulletin 3.8.x to XenForo included the Albums - I will stand ready to take the plunge.

This has been suggested over and over. Im sure these guys know that this is one of the main things people would wait for before converting. :)

watching how the board acts when you attach 50 photos to a thread the core functionality of a user album is already there. Just needs a space in the database to store each users personal pics. Im sure they could get this done in no time. Its only a question of where in the grand scheme of things they place it. No doubt its a good upgrade to 2.0 hook so it may be a long ways away.

I have a forum for stained glass artisits... showing off their work is what they do. I currently run SMF 1.1.13 with a theme designed by Xarcell that I played with a bit. So a Photo Gallery is a must for me to switch over. Question... would I need to update to SMF 2.0 to update to xenForo? Yikes I can see that being an issue.

www.theartglassfactory.com

Top Bottom