I am trying to give you 140$. I CAN'T, **because you don't have an IPB 3.2.X converter** !

latros

As the title says; why is this not like #1 priority? I've seen over 1,400$ worth of people who aren't buying licences until this is done, including 140$ from myself because we can't convert our massive userbases and post count to XenF without it.

Why aren't you rushing this? We're trying to give you money.

www.thebattlecraft.net/forum

I didn't mean to come off as too snarky in the original post, it's just frustrating when XenForo has EXACTLY what I'm looking for, but I can't get it :(

Instead I have commissioned somebody to custom-code an area on my forum to do what XF does already... once it's done, I won't have any reason to buy XF.

I guess this post was just to get your attention; "Hey, not only are people not buying XF right now because there's no converter, but you're also making us NEVER buy it in the future, because we're resorting to making our current forums do what we want by commissioning a programmer!".

I didn't mean to come off as too snarky in the original post, it's just frustrating when XenForo has EXACTLY what I'm looking for, but I can't get it :(

Instead I have commissioned somebody to custom-code an area on my forum to do what XF does already... once it's done, I won't have any reason to buy XF.

I guess this post was just to get your attention; "Hey, not only are people not buying XF right now because there's no converter, but you're also making us NEVER buy it in the future, because we're resorting to making our current forums do what we want by commissioning a programmer!".

I feel your frustrations, but I have to say it is not really possible for IPB to be XF no matter how much the features are emulated.

XF is really quite unique!

It still won't work as great...trust me. I've had plenty of custom stuff done to my board and it just doesn't work right. It's slower, you still have all the bulk, and you don't even have all the rest of the cool features in xF.

I bought xF knowing there wasn't a 3.2 converter. Why? Because I want it! lol I sent over my database to Kier over a week...maybe 2 weeks ago now. I've not gotten an update on it but I'm almost assuming that the converter will be released with or right after 1.1 goes Gold.

XenFans now has an internal script to import "users, posts and threads", from a 3.2 ip.board.
If someone's interested in having us do a convert for them (which we can preview behind closed doors) we can se what our team can mean for you. This is in partnership with XFServices.

Personally I am confident that XenForo Limited will eventually support version 3.2
But for those who don't want to wait and simply want to give this a try, feel free to contact us.

Top Bottom