XF 2.0 How to make User Group post without approval in specific forum?

V3NTUS

So I've set a specific forum node to require approval for every thread submitted, it works perfectly and only exclusion is staff members (as it's supposed to be), but I can't really find a way to let some groups bypass this approval requirement and it's very tedious as it seems the only way I have to let an "approved group" to start new threads without approval is to make them Moderators or Staff members. What if I don't want them to be moderators but just regular users with the permission to post in that forum node without approval?

I can't believe Xenforo doesn't give this option, hopefully you all can help me out. Thank you!

Thank you for your kind and fast reply. I already have it set to Yes for the group I want to post without approval, but the threads that user starts are still to be approved each time a thread is submitted in that specific forum node.

Hm, you're right. Sorry, I thought this works that way. I've never tested it, but I guess when you set to moderate new threads or posts in specific node it overrides that user group permission.

Yes, true. This is why I was thinking making that "Submit content without approval" override node-based permissions would have been a smart choice as this forces admins to take drastic changes (example, making all users staff member just to bypass this problem, which is insane only if you think about it).

Thank you once again for your very kind help, hopefully we'll find a fix for this problem sooner or later!

Thank you, I received it as gift from @Snog earlier today via Private Conversation, he's such a nice guy!

It's kinda a shame that Xenforo doesn't let administrators do this from its settings, forcing us to use an add-on, but I guess they don't think this is a must-have.

We'll, what to say, thank you @BassMan and @Snog, you're the future of Xenforo. Kudos :)

I am still confused about submit content without approval .... I ASSUME that means people can post in open forums without being moderated but that it does not override the idea that additional content media, resources, add-on content and forums that require content be moderated before appearing is not over-ridden by that setting? Otherwise wouldn't it be something to simply set to "no?"

While the XF2 docs are good...they are not detailed enough to say what was being thought of when that permission was added into the listing.

Top Bottom