XF 1.4 How to get rid of the [New Profile Posts] Tab on New Posts

Digital Doctor

With the addition of the New Profile Posts tab ...
upload_2014-8-6_8-15-47.webp
More users will will see Profile posts.
And Read them.
And post their own.

Some sites will like this.
Some will not.

You can see the effect happening here at Xenforo.com already.

As an admin, you might want to remove the [New Profile Posts] tab before it gets popular.

Anyone know how to remove the [New Profile Posts] tab ? And replace it with a [New Resources] tab ?

==================================

Update:
To Remove the [New Profile Posts] Tab.

Solution 1:
Code:
a[href="find-new/profile-posts"]{display:none!important;}
Just add that to your extra.css so that after you've disabled all permissions the tabs related to finding new profile posts go away. Most browsers support this excluding IE 6, but who gives a damn about that. [source]

Solution 2:
Add this to extra.css
Code:
.find_new_posts_none .tabs li:last-child , .find_new_posts .tabs li:last-child {display:none;}

Last edited:
Can you please summarise exactly what you want to achieve, Digital Doctor? I'm not quite sure what your objective is. Maybe someone can help.

Not really.
If you look around.

Please count the number of posts here.
Please count the number of profile posts here.
Please count the percentage of member's profiles here with more than 2 comments.
Usage is very low.
IMO.

View attachment 79838

No messages.
Usage on this site doesn't indicate that it's low on everyone's XenForo site and no-one wants to use it. On the contrary, many people have installed the Widget Framework and added the Recent Status Update block so that their users can make use of Profile Posts more effectively.

People use that particular board for:

1) Purchasing a product
2) Getting support with a product
3) Downloading updates to a product

It's not really the best example as it's not indicative of a traditional community, as such.

Anyway, I repeat the question. What's your point? What do you want to happen?

Not really.
If you look around.

Please count the number of posts here.
Please count the number of profile posts here.
Please count the percentage of member's profiles here with more than 2 comments.
Usage is very low.
IMO.

View attachment 79838

No messages.
I still have no idea what you're arguing or referencing. If you don't want profile posts, refer to my previous post.

Just what exactly are you looking to do? Can you lay it out for us?

I'm quite sure he wants the tabs to be more prominent.
relative.importance.webp

76b.gif

And your point there @Digital Doctor ? What you are asking for is the function to be changed to accommodate what you want, you want to restrict the profile posts options to your members, which can be done as several members have already pointed out to you, or can you not be bothered to change a few settings and just want 1 check box to do the lot?

Here you go:
Code:
a[href="find-new/profile-posts"]{display:none!important;}

Just add that to your extra.css so that after you've disabled all permissions the tabs related to finding new profile posts go away. Most browsers support this excluding IE 6, but who gives a damn about that.

Color me confused here. If you want to disable user profile posting...wouldn't you just go to permissions of your "Registered" usergroup and do the following:
View attachment 79829
Then they cannot do anything with profile posts.

So...what's the issue exactly? Even if the tab is there...it doesn't do anything exactly.

Can you please summarise exactly what you want to achieve, Digital Doctor? I'm not quite sure what your objective is. Maybe someone can help.

The way I understand it, he wants profile posting to be enabled, just having the tab removed from the "new posts" page. This can be achieved by altering the template.

Is it me or is this thread just erratic? :LOL:

@Shelley does that differ from Lp-J's ?
Same end result, different method ?

Note: I added both solutions to the original post.

Seems a bit odd to have just 1 tab.

Just edit the template. It takes like 15 seconds to edit a template. Instead, @Digital Doctor is spending more time in this thread (we're at page four already!).

I've just read the following

How to get rid of the [New Profile Posts] Tab on New Posts

And the css I posted hides that. #strangethread

Top Bottom