How Many Styles Do You Have Installed?

How many styles do you have installed on your forum?

Votes: 35 29.2%

Votes: 36 30.0%

Votes: 13 10.8%

Votes: 7 5.8%

• 5 - 10

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • 11 - 25

• 26 - 50

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • More than 50

Votes: 3 2.5%

• Total voters
i keep 4-6 styles available:
  • a mobile style
  • a low bandwidth style (not so important as in years past)
  • the default theme
  • a couple default themes recoloured, at least one being a dark theme
i never use custom styles other than a mobile theme. my themes are all children of the default. i dont want to have to keep more than one template set up-to-date.

I have 7 Styles. 4 Seasons, 1 Xmas, 1 Halloween and the Default.
biggrin.png

i have (i think) 28 on my vb board, but 13 of them are the child themes with differing backgrounds. we'll be scaling right down when we change board software though because it's a total pain in the arse dealing with any custom html on an upgrade

Two, besides the default theme and I’m running Rc1. I had some more but it's annoying to make template changes after every upgrade. It will probably stay this way.

For the moment, 2 styles, 1 by default and 1 for test only.

After gold release, i think 2 so, 1 buy and 1 for test.

I had around 26 styles installed but it started effecting the performance of editing certain templates :(,

I had the style demo running

I have 3. I have the default (which isn't available for use), my main style, and a winter style. The reason I use the default is because when I need to add something or remove something, I use it as a parent style so it takes care of it on the other styles.

In most of my 20+ forums I only have one style (better one good than several bad ones, and easier to maintain) but several of the forums use up to 10 styles because the users are very graphic oriented.

I am hoping to end up with 2-3 different styles eventually, perhaps available in both fluid as well as fixed format, and a mobile skin.

... whatever, skin is not important, its content that's important!

I don't agree with this. A (the) skin is of a vital importance in supporting the content. It is truly remarkable for me that for instance the two major players on the forum market (vBulletin, IPB) just doesn't seem to get this. Their default skin (especially vBulletin 4) makes the UX of their products not a very pleasurable experience. And is for me actually the main reason not to choose their product to support my business...

Top Bottom