XF 1.1 Hide members list from everyone

Adam Howard

So I did search and I know you can hide the members list from guest, but I want to hide it or turn it off for everyone.

From a spam point of view, I've had members join just so they could try to locate contact info through this list (and basically contact people off site to join another site). And from a resource point of view, it's just a waste.

So I'd like to be able to either turn it off or completely hide it.

The only problem with using user group IDs, is you will have to remember to update the code every time you create a new user group.

Hence why I suggested what I did - that will cover all visitors and will never need updating.

The only problem with using user group IDs, is you will have to remember to update the code every time you create a new user group.

Hence why I suggested what I did - that will cover all visitors and will never need updating.

Good point, but I'm not planning on adding other groups.

Reviewing your code, I'm not sure how to apply it correctly for it to work.

I'm one of those people who knows enough to convince others I know what I'm talking about, but also little enough to prove that I don't know enough as I should. :p

Clearly when applying your code there is either a conflict or I'm doing it wrong.

But thanks anyways for the help.

to hide the Members Page from visitors, this is the most elegant way to do it, as it will show the "Login/Sign-up" form to visitors.

go via FTP to your XF-folders:
find the File named "Member.php" at the folloowing path:
/your_forum_folder/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic

Then you edit this file "Member.php" as described at the Link below.
Upload the edited File via FTP back to your server.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/how-to-hide-the-whats-new-tab-from-visitors.26434/#post-323623

www.sociallyuncensored.eu 2012-7-22 3:28:45.webp

It's the only thing that does not go away and so it is still click-able.

Not sure if it is do-able, to get rid of it without getting ride of the whole thing.... Just want the part that says "members" gone, which points to /members/

So it should just display

Home > User

NOT

Home > Members > User

That first breadcrumb is always the name of the tab. Profile pages are assigned to the Members tab so that will always be the first crumb. It is possible to assign profile pages to a different tab using a variety of methods, but that won't remove the crumb, it will just replace it with another crumb (the name of the new tab to which the page is assigned).

If your intention is to have profile pages belong to no tab at all (no tab selection, and no first breadcrumb) then you can edit this file:

library/XenForo/Route/Prefix/Members.php

Remove the red code:

Rich (BB code):
	public function match($routePath, Zend_Controller_Request_Http $request, XenForo_Router $router)
	{
		$action = $router->resolveActionWithIntegerParam($routePath, $request, 'user_id');
		return $router->getRouteMatch('XenForo_ControllerPublic_Member', $action, 'members');
	}

That first breadcrumb is always the name of the tab. Profile pages are assigned to the Members tab so that will always be the first crumb. It is possible to assign profile pages to a different tab using a variety of methods, but that won't remove the crumb, it will just replace it with another crumb (the name of the new tab to which the page is assigned).

If your intention is to have profile pages belong to no tab at all (no tab selection, and no first breadcrumb) then you can edit this file:

library/XenForo/Route/Prefix/Members.php

Remove the red code:

Rich (BB code):
public function match($routePath, Zend_Controller_Request_Http $request, XenForo_Router $router)
{
$action = $router->resolveActionWithIntegerParam($routePath, $request, 'user_id');
return $router->getRouteMatch('XenForo_ControllerPublic_Member', $action, 'members');
}
Could I change that to

Code:
'home'

So that it will be

Home > User

;)

pls, advise me how to hide member-list from guest who passed through initial registration page but have not sent request confirmation (from e-mail) of its membership.
as I see it such "users" can observe member-list and do other things. it's strange because, logically, they are not "true" users until they have no approval.
thanks.

According to the system, they are considered users due to their User ID that is already assigned to them. You would need to modify which ever conditional or guide you are using to use the ismemberof xen helper. @Brogan's conditional resource should help you out on using it.

What if to modify register_process template to log-out automatically after registration request submition?
After that unapproved users cannot to log-in until approval granted, I hope.

My forum is closed for viewing as guests, need to log in to view, was able to hide all but the members tab (although it is visible it does not show any info - so 1/2 way there):

Here is the code:

Code:
<!-- members -->
                                <xen:if is="{$tabs.members}">
                                <li class="navTab members <xen:if is="@uix_removeTabLinks">{xen:if $tabs.members.selected, 'selected'} Popup PopupControl PopupClosed<xen:else />{xen:if $tabs.members.selected, 'selected', 'Popup PopupControl PopupClosed'}</xen:if>">

<xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id}">
                                    <a href="{$tabs.members.href}" class="navLink{xen:if '!@uix_alwaysShowNavDropdownArrow', ' NoPopupGadget'}"{xen:if '!@uix_alwaysShowNavDropdownArrow', ' rel="Menu"'}>{$tabs.members.title}</a>
                                    <a href="{$tabs.members.href}" class="SplitCtrl" rel="Menu"></a>

<div class="<xen:if is="@uix_removeTabLinks">Menu JsOnly tabMenu<xen:else />{xen:if {$tabs.members.selected}, 'tabLinks', 'Menu JsOnly tabMenu'}</xen:if> membersTabLinks">
                                        <div class="primaryContent menuHeader">
                                            <h3>{$tabs.members.title}</h3>
                                            <div class="muted">{xen:phrase quick_links}</div>
                                        </div>
                                        <ul class="secondaryContent blockLinksList">
                                        <xen:hook name="navigation_tabs_members">
                                            <li><a href="{xen:link members}">{xen:phrase notable_members}</a></li>
                                            <xen:if is="{$xenOptions.enableMemberList}"><li><a href="{xen:link members/list}">{xen:phrase registered_members}</a></li></xen:if>
                                            <li><a href="{xen:link online}">{xen:phrase current_visitors}</a></li>
                                            <xen:if is="{$xenOptions.enableNewsFeed}"><li><a href="{xen:link recent-activity}">{xen:phrase recent_activity}</a></li></xen:if>
                                        </xen:hook>
                                        </ul>
                                    </div>
                                   < xen:else/>                          
                                              <a href="{$tabs.members.href}" class="navLink">{$tabs.members.title}</a>
                                            <div class="tabLinks"></div>
                                      </xen:if>         
                                    </li>
                            </xen:if>

Now if I change the <xen:else/> to </xen:if/> (Below last </div>)

It will remove the tab as a guest at login screen, but then once logged in there will be two member tabs....

Must be something in the above that isn't quite right, can someone post the right way, thanks,

Top Bottom