Guest Posting for XenForo 2.x by AddonsLab

Guest Posting for XenForo 2.x by AddonsLab [Paid] 1.8.0

No permission to buy ($34.99)

AddonsLab

AddonsLab submitted a new resource:

Guest Posting for XenForo 2.x by AddonsLab - Promotes creation of content by guests and new registrations without risk of increased spamming.

Add-On Information

For XenForo 1.x version of this add-on please check Here

The add-on allows guests to create threads/posts replies, and register after they have posted the content. This makes posting on your forums attractive, but handles spam message and invalid registrations automatically by periodically deleting all messages posted by guests, who did not end up...

Read more about this resource...

How to set it to show message to all as soon as someone registers? Currently after they register the post still requires approvel

Also once you approve, on node list, last post info it shows as registered username but in the postbit it shows as like g_654763 for the username.

posts don't show until approved and even as admin, no notice of a new post, only way to know is going into that node and then seeing it. It doesn't show on the node list until then.

How to set it to show message to all as soon as someone registers? Currently after they register the post still requires approvel

Thank you for the report. We are unable to reproduce the issue. Please check the home page at https://xf2.addonslab.com/index.php where can see "guest_user2" which is the name I have chosen for the user using guest registration and quick registration workflow. The post is located at https://xf2.addonslab.com/index.php?threads/a-thread-posted-by-a-guest.170312/#post-170324

Please check and see if you can reproduce the issue on our board. Also please double-check your configuration. If you want the messages to appear immediately, you should have the following configuration:

1. Uncheck "Enable manual approval" in "User registration", otherwise, the content will become visible only when admins approve the registered user.

2. If you have email verification enabled on your board, check the option "Disable Email Verification" in "Guest Posting by AddonsLab" options, so during guest registrations users do not have to verify their email using usual XenForo email verification system. If you do not do so, the content will be visible only when they verify their email.

Please let us know if this worked for you. If no, it is likely to be some conflict with some other add-on, please contact us at https://customers.addonslab.com/submitticket.php for us to investigate the issue further.

Thank you!

I get this on the install (Error logs)

• ParseError: syntax error, unexpected '&' src/addons/AddonsLab/GuestPosting/Setup.php:15

I get this on the install (Error logs)

• ParseError: syntax error, unexpected '&' src/addons/AddonsLab/GuestPosting/Setup.php:15

Please let us know if you are using the trial version of the product. Unfortunately, the trial version requires not only IonCube, but also PHP 5.6+, so maybe this can be the issue.

Thank you!

I’ll check the php version. Running v7

We have tested the trial version with PHP 7.0.26 and IonCube Loader v 6.1 and it works fine for us. Unfortunately, we can not provide much support for the trial version, please feel free to test the add-on on our demo board at https://xf2.addonslab.com/index.php, if you need any admin-side modifications just let us know and we will configure it for you to test it further.

Thank you!

Will the quick thread post in the forum be available in the future for guest? Its the kicker for me ...

Guest rarely will click post a thread but get enticed by blocks like that.

preview.webp

@gforce , We have just checked it one more time, and reproduced the error when the server does not have IonCube installed. Instead of usual message asking to install IonCube loader it gives the error you have mentioned. We have fixed it and update the trial package on our website now.

@s2kinteg9166 Sure, the feature is already planned and will be implemented very soon.

Thank you!

First, your demo doesn't work... so I'm like ok... I'll go buy it.

Then your charging a setup fee? What is this setup fee? A $10 base fee, then a FORCED billing cycle. You know this is starting to remind of clash of clash and all of these in-app charges? Once you set a flat rate and I can renew when I want (not a surprise statement from paypal), I'll purchase. I don't mind paying for things, but this is not a good way to start. You might as well make the INSTALLATION ASSISTANCE FREE because that's what SETUP usually sounds like.View attachment 167438

Hello, @gforce !

Can you please clarify what does not work on our demo? Just visit the link https://xf2.addonslab.com/index.php?forums/guest-posting.9/ and you will see Post thread button as a guest, and you will be able to post a thread. You can also see some other threads/replies posted as a guest there.

Thank you for your comments regarding the phrasing on our purchase page. The software we are using is called WHMCS, it is very famous software specialized in selling domains. The phrasing comes from the idea of "provisioning" a service for the first time. So, if a service costs X USD, and yearly extension costs Y USD, the difference of "X-Y" is called service setup fee - something you pay only the first time you start the service with us, and you do not pay every next year when you just extend a service. Service can be any contract with us, not just purchasing an add-on. Installation assistance, on the other hand, is additional help to install the add-on, which means we ask for your site details, login and install the add-on and configure it as needed. This is not done by default and costs additional 30 USD if you want such help.

Even though our add-ons, for now, have yearly renewal only, we might decide to publish an add-on with monthly renewal (e.g. monthly 1.99 USD or early 10 USD), and it is up to the custom to choose how they want to pay. Hence the phrase "Choose your billing cycle", which for now has only an option to renew annually.

In your screenshot, on the right side, you can see the summary of your purchase. It says the payment due for today is 34.99 USD, and annually you will need to pay 25.00 USD. And please have a look at our add-on page here on XenForo, where all prices are highlighted with bold. Here is a screenshot:

Pricing.webp

As you can see, the prices are mentioned exactly as you see them in our purchase page.

You can also see, that your initial $34.99 USD payment "that includes one year of support and updates with permanent access to product versions released in license validity period". There is no forced billing cycle, once your support/updates expire it is up to you to decide if you want to extend the service or just keep using the version you are using. And there is no automatic renewal, and there has never been and it is not mentioned anywhere in our text, that after one year your card will be billed automatically. If you are not sure about such cases, feel free to ask us here.

I hope I have addressed all your concerns. Feel free to contact us if you have any other questions.

Thank you!

We have e-mail registration disabled, will your add-on work with only alternative service providers (e.g. Facebook) for registration? Also, does it work with Invisible reCAPTCHA rather than the standard version present in your demo?

AddonsLab updated Guest Posting for XenForo 2.x by AddonsLab with a new update entry:

Bug fix: the first post of the thread not assigned to the user

This is a bug-fix release, that solves the issue with the first post of the thread not being properly assigned to the user registering.

The new version is available for all licensed customers at
https://customers.addonslab.com/marketplace.php/my-services/

Feel free to suggest further enhancements for the add-on or report any issues you have and they will be addressed asap.

Thank you!

Read the rest of this update entry...

We have e-mail registration disabled, will your add-on work with only alternative service providers (e.g. Facebook) for registration? Also, does it work with Invisible reCAPTCHA rather than the standard version present in your demo?

Yes, the add-on works with Connected accounts (any account provider supported by XenForo is supported). We have enabled Facebook registration on our demo board, you can test it out yourself now. Here is a thread we have just created using it - https://xf2.addonslab.com/index.php?threads/testing-fb-registration.170326/

I am not sure which type of captcha you mean. The product supports any human verification system, that integrates properly with XenForo (all default ones and the custom ones creates using appropriate integration guidelines).

Just let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you!

AddonsLab updated Guest Posting for XenForo 2.x by AddonsLab with a new update entry:

Bug-fix: guests are able to post replies in closed threads

This is a bug-fix release, that solves the bug allowing guests to post replies in closed threads.

Feel free to report any issues you have and they will be addressed asap.

Please consider posting a review if you are using the add-on and let us and other users know how it works for you.

Thank you!

Couple more questions for you about this product.

1. Is there a way to disable these posts being sent to moderation? I don't see a point in this for our forum, as anyone can create an account normally and post without moderation anyways.
2. It doesn't appear that the 'username' field currently does anything on the demo board. After the username is entered, it's forgotten when you go to register or login afterwards. Is this a bug or an I misunderstanding the intended feature here?
3. Regardless, is there a way to disable the username/email registration fields below the 'post reply' button entirely? I think it may be nice for the user to be able to create the reply without entering these additional fields, and then have that reply on-hold until they register/login as prompted.

Hello, @Yawn

1. Is there a way to disable these posts being sent to moderation? I don't see a point in this for our forum, as anyone can create an account normally and post without moderation anyways.

The posts don't have to be moderated once the user registers. After registration, the posts are made visible following forum rules in general (so, if a registered user can post a visible thread/post, guests can as well, but to make it visible they have to register).

2. It doesn't appear that the 'username' field currently does anything on the demo board. After the username is entered, it's forgotten when you go to register or login afterwards. Is this a bug or an I misunderstanding the intended feature here?

This is indeed a bug. Registration page had to have the username pre-filled, however, we see that your suggestion not to collect username at time of posting is actually better, and we will release the fix using this approach soon.

3. Regardless, is there a way to disable the username/email registration fields below the 'post reply' button entirely? I think it may be nice for the user to be able to create the reply without entering these additional fields, and then have that reply on-hold until they register/login as prompted.

This behavior will be a default now without an option to change it regarding usernames. Asking for email can not be disabled, as email is required for quick registration workflow (users should get the email first, follow the link there and only after that they will be able to register). So, if you do not want to ask for any information during post, just disable quick registration option, and the product will behave just as you have described.

We will release the fix with another new option to ban some email providers in quick registration mode soon.

Thank you!

Disallowed email providers and other changes

Hello everyone,

In this version, we have removed the redundant "Name" field when a guest creates a reply/thread. The username field was not used anywhere and the user was asked to enter the username during registration. We have also reproduced a bug, which would cause the quick registration workflow not to work via full reply interface but would work via quick reply only.

We have also implemented an option for admins to disallow some email domains to be used during quick registration...

Top Bottom