Growing a forum community in 2023

I've never wiped one... may have brought it down, but the DB and files were kept in case I wanted to bring it back up later.
I see wiping a forum more as an act of frustration than good administration.
I know someone close to home who did it out of frustration. Community would act up, wipe. After the third time he wondered why nobody comes back.

You need thick skin to run a large forum. Those who cannot understand that, fail.

I know someone close to home who did it out of frustration. Community would act up, wipe. After the third time he wondered why nobody comes back.

You need thick skin to run a large forum. Those who cannot understand that, fail.
Or you get someone that does things that really annoy you like pinch your forum rules and look for your reactions.
Stuff like that is cyberbullying.
I could get the police involved but it would be put on me in the first place.
Or you get a known troll who would join your forum and spam it with gross images.
You boot people because you don't want that type of garbage posted up on there.

Or you get someone that does things that really annoy you like pinch your forum rules and look for your reactions.
Or you get a known troll who would join your forum and spam it with gross images.
I've had millions of people sign up over the years, had death threats, lawyers after me and even had a rogue company try to say I was a drug dealer. Did I wipe the forum? No.

Have thick skin.

The internet does what the internet does. The fact you wiped content due to a troll shows they won. What I would have done is use global ignore, itll appear they are posting but nobody can see the content. People will target you, its par for the course.

People don't join because of all the nasty comments.
Mate, you're the biggest role model of your forum. If you take part in posting things that makes fun of others, or call people names, that is exactly the type of content your forum will attract. Take a look at your rules, you call people idiots for goodness sake.

Mate, your rules, they would a lot more pretty if they just were 1 rule that says be nice to others. That's all you need to say there.

Mate, you're the biggest role model of your forum. If you take part in posting things that makes fun of others, or call people names, that is exactly the type of content your forum will attract. Take a look at your rules, you call people idiots for goodness sake.

Mate, your rules, they would a lot more pretty if they just were 1 rule that says be nice to others. That's all you need to say there.
People need to learn to respect others. That's the problem here.
I cop all sorts of things from some people. Even on here. I've also copped infractions. I've copped my posts being moderated.
Too much stress. Just on here.

When i'm on my own forum i cop it a hell of a lot worse.

It's got nothing to do with how thick your skin is or whatever.
It has everything to do with respect.
It's disrespectful of them to come in and join my forum only to abuse me and look for reactions.

I then do what i can to deal with them by giving them infractions and bannings.
I've come to the conclusion that if nobody is going to be respectful i'm going to be the strictist person on my forum.
So strict because i'm sick of the way how i am being treated.

I've had people come on my forum to pinch my rules.
So much so that i've had to email the bloke behind @BIG LLC who runs that forum.
Even he knows that there are some serial pests on his forum that just stuff around.

I've even had the same pests follow me on here. A few years ago this happened and i had the staff here ban them because they were annoying everyone.
So yes it's not always my fault.

If i'm the role model i'm not being respected as one. If anything i'm being mocked by a pack of trolls who think it's funny to bully me.

You reap what you sow.

Some people run their forum like its a regime

Kim Jong Un GIF by GIPHY News

It has everything to do with respect.
Respect is earned... not given. It is not something that is due you simply because you exist.
And one has to show respect to others before they start getting it in return.
And unluckily, from what little I've seen of your site... you haven't met that goal yet.
There is a site online that you might fit right in at, called bash.zone. Although I think they are going offline soon. I'll leave it to your imagination whey they are closing the doors.

Last edited:
Kim Jong Un GIF by GIPHY News

Forsaken waving at his community

The community:
North Korea Parade GIF by The Guardian
The sad reality is I am actually really nice to the community; we did frequent events and giveaways and other things that encouraged activity, but specific parts of the world suck the good will out of you with entitlement and whining. For Christmas alone we did rewards worth around $500 to every person who was active for the month.

But because of people who break rules or misbehave (harassed someone in their 70's and mocked their husband for recently dying as an example) I have to deal with them fairly drastically. As of yesterday, we have 700 unique banned members, and a total ~3500 banned multiple accounts or accounts caught by @Xon add-on (which is why I always recommend it).

Death threats, attempts at hacking myself or our staff or many other things are a basic occurrence.

As I said, stay away from whatever that is on your table
I don't think it's so much that... but lack of being held responsible for their actions. I could go into the direct convo's that I've had with people with what appears to be direct knowledge, but I won't.
The irony... they freely talk crap about XF and the developers over on their site (well more than I do here) and yet they seem to be treated with kid gloves for some reason.
Hint... their issues are more behavioral than mental/psychological. At least 3 have commented that they have no physician diagnosed issues... they depend on Google diagnosis. Meanwhile there are others that have actual clinical defined issues... and all this "person" does is a disservice to those that do. And as someone that has an acknowledged issue by a valid physician and acknowledged by the federal government as being such, I do get somewhat offended by the fakirs (pretty sure that person was shown in court action as not having clinical diagnosis provided). Might there be some actual clinical diagnosis issues? Mabye, but Google ain't the place to get them.
Gives meaning to the term "being taken for a ride".
I'll leave with this thought.... anybody remember Carlos?

Last edited:
I don't think it's so much that... but lack of being held responsible for their actions. I could go into the direct convo's that I've had with people with what appears to be direct knowledge, but I won't.
The irony... they freely talk crap about XF and the developers over on their site (well more than I do here) and yet they seem to be treated with kid gloves for some reason.
Hint... their issues are more behavioral than mental/psychological. At least 3 have commented that they have no physician diagnosed issues... they depend on Google diagnosis. Meanwhile there are others that have actual clinical defined issues... and all this "person" does is a disservice to those that do. And as someone that has an acknowledged issue by a valid physician and acknowledged by the federal government as being such, I do get somewhat offended by the fakirs (pretty sure that person was shown in court action as not having clinical diagnosis provided). Might there be some actual clinical diagnosis issues? Mabye, but Google ain't the place to get them.
Gives meaning to the term "being taken for a ride".
I'll leave with this thought.... anybody remember Carlos?
I still have logs of the threats Carlos was making towards me years ago :LOL:.

Top Bottom