Gmail like Alert count in Browser tabs for XF 1.1 [Deleted]

Thanks mmoore. I'm simply using a modified version of the default theme so hopefully it will work. :)

Guess users browsing with 30 tabs open are somewhat hard on the server on busy sites. How about saving alerts and timestamp to a cookie, and checking there first?

Would it be possible to request a colour-changing admin option for the note in the favicon? Ours is dark, and it doesn't really work well with black on black.

Just bought this and waiting for the download link..... How long will it take for me to receive the download link?

Rigel Kentaurus updated Gmail like Alert count in Browser tabs with a new update entry:

Performance: Does not update if the browser is on the background

Changes in this version are:
  • The calls now make use of the Page Visibility API (https://developers.google.com/chrome/whitepapers/pagevisibility), meaning that the call will only be made if the tab is active. This prevents multiple calls to be fired if the user is browsing the site with several windows, and will prevent multiple update calls to be fired on the background when the user left the browser open and is not interacting with it.
  • The javascript is not included if...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Just purchased this, anyway to make it update even if the user is not looking at the tab? That is exactly what I wanted it for . . I don't care if they have 30 tabs open to the site.

Otherwise great addon :)!

Just purchased this, anyway to make it update even if the user is not looking at the tab? That is exactly what I wanted it for . . I don't care if they have 30 tabs open to the site.

Otherwise great addon :)!
Register on XfAddOns.com and send me a PM, I'll give you access to the downloads, I have the history of all versions, and the previous version did exactly that, it updated even if the user is not looking at the tab

After a bit I realized it does not make sense that it only updates if the tab is active .. not really what I wanted, I think what I wanted is for it to update, and if alerts are found, stop updating (as the user already has something to look at when he returns back to the tab). I'll fix that in a later version.

Register on XfAddOns.com and send me a PM, I'll give you access to the downloads, I have the history of all versions, and the previous version did exactly that, it updated even if the user is not looking at the tab

After a bit I realized it does not make sense that it only updates if the tab is active .. not really what I wanted, I think what I wanted is for it to update, and if alerts are found, stop updating (as the user already has something to look at when he returns back to the tab). I'll fix that in a later version.
Sent you the PM :)!

Purchased :)

Would like to know how to get updates though.... I registered on your site (user name is, Socially Uncensored). The e-mail address is almost like the paypal e-mail. One is AOL and the other is Gmail, but same user name.

If could please set me up so I can download updates from your site... That would be nice. :)

Top Bottom