GDPR, Private forum, Installation Php-Sql

yoann

Hello,
I am investigating the possibilities of Xenforo for my company.
I got to test the demo and found it looked very complete, but since i am only a beginner in Html and Css, i have some very newbie questions :giggle:. I

Q1: Is Xenforo designed to be GDPR compliant? https://www.eugdpr.org/

Q2: We are wondering if it is possible to make the forum private, by making any user land first on a login page ? (It feels like i could do that through the navigation tab ? - or would i have to go through the Templates ?) - Some websites like Vbulletin or forums.net have this function in their administration console.

Q3: For the paid installation of Xenforo, you mention that you don't "include PHP or MySQL installation or configuration."
Is this something that is typically done by the people hosting our server ? Does your support include help to setup this in case it is not ?

Thanks in advance.

No new major version of XF has been released after we learned about GDPR. You might find this topic interesting.
Q2: We are wondering if it is possible to make the forum private, by making any user land first on a login page ? (It feels like i could do that through the navigation tab ? - or would i have to go through the Templates ?) - Some websites like Vbulletin or forums.net have this function in their administration console.
This is possible by simply changing permissions.
Q3: For the paid installation of Xenforo, you mention that you don't "include PHP or MySQL installation or configuration."
Is this something that is typically done by the people hosting our server ? Does your support include help to setup this in case it is not
Your host installs PHP and MySQL on the server.

GDPR has been released on May 24th, 2016. XenForo 2 had its first stable release on November 28th, 2017. It might be just me, but I'm pretty sure we had a huuuuuge major version of XF after we learned about GDPR.
Let me correct my post. *we should be *I :X3: I only learned about GDPR when people started talking about it at xenForo.com this year, so yah, you're right >.< I'm not sure if anyone even brought it up before 2018 or if it was even worth complying to before.

I can't really comment on if anything specific to GDPR has been implemented in that timeframe.

XF 2 didn't really offer much that we didn't already have in XF 1.

Yes making the forum private can be done with permissions. Also Xenforo 2 is GDPR compliant by default. You can set cookie notifications upon first visit to tell the user your site is using cookies and by staying on the site they are agreeing with it. Also almost all web hosts have mySQL and PHP installed in some form or manner. Your web host will definitely take care of that without an issue.

Good luck!

Top Bottom