We've given the homepage a little update and have added "Communities" and a "Marketplace".

Members can build a community of their own; for this purpose we give members in those threads a little more leeway with each other in relation to banter and similar behaviour.

Members can buy, sell or trade their gaming goods or services in our marketplace. The administration has no authority over any transactions facilitated and cannot be held responsible for whatever results from buying, selling, or trading goods or services within the marketplace.

We've also given our forum rules and site policies a little polish.

Come check us out!

Gaming Community

We have over 4K members. No, it’s really not a competition, ResetEra is huge! But our community is open to anyone who’s looking for an alternative, for whatever reason.
Have u devised any strategies to target those users? I think it would be an interesting case study since they've been bought out

Have u devised any strategies to target those users? I think it would be an interesting case study since they've been bought out
I have a few ideas but difficult for me at the time being, currently mid-way through my postgrad. Once I finish, I will put something together.

Love the design. Not sure if you'd ever have enough time, or want to -

But would love to see how you accomplished the news portal on the front page. It's hard to find something that works with pagination.

(On your news page, but using it as the front page)

Love the design. Not sure if you'd ever have enough time, or want to -

But would love to see how you accomplished the news portal on the front page. It's hard to find something that works with pagination.

(On your news page, but using it as the front page)
Do you mean displaying news articles in the front page along with normal threads?

Do you mean displaying news articles in the front page along with normal threads?
Yeah. So just news articles on the front page with the cover image to the left like yours and a certain length of text for each post/entry. And paginated. It seems all of the widgets don't offer exactly this. Using a search forum shows the entire post, too.

Short of getting a full on article addon, I'd love to whip up something basic that does the job. I'm sure your news page used to be on the root domain.

Yeah. So just news articles on the front page with the cover image to the left like yours and a certain length of text for each post/entry. And paginated. It seems all of the widgets don't offer exactly this. Using a search forum shows the entire post, too.

Short of getting a full on article addon, I'd love to whip up something basic that does the job. I'm sure your news page used to be on the root domain.
I'll write a guide on how to do it at some point after new years. Just drop me a message to remind me if you haven't heard anything in a couple of weeks.

Just something I've been working on in the background in my spare time. I would love people's opinion's on it and will take any suggestions. It's far from complete but it will give you an idea of how it will look.

joyfreak-4.png

Last edited:
Just something I've been working on in the background in my spare time. I would love people's opinion's on it and will take any suggestions. It's far from complete but it will give you an idea of how it will look.

View attachment 264917
The presentation looks solid, but having a sidebar on both sides doesn't really please me. Pretty sure the dark version looks even better. Keep up the good work!

The presentation looks solid, but having a sidebar on both sides doesn't really please me. Pretty sure the dark version looks even better. Keep up the good work!
I do get what you mean. What about now? I've removed the white background in the navigation block or does it look worse?

joyfreak-5.webp

Top Bottom