Game Servers [Deleted]

Same server, the ports are open and everything on the game server itself obviously and they should be on my webhost.
When did this start happening? Are you still using a shared host?

Also, can you let me know the server details? I'll test it on my end.

When did this start happening? Are you still using a shared host?

Also, can you let me know the server details? I'll test it on my end.
Yes, still shared host. I'm actually thinking about migrating the site to the VPS that the game servers are actually on but if I don't have to then that would be great.
What details do you need?
game server IP: 198.58.95.5
Port: 27028

People can connect to the server just fine and all my other game modes are reporting to the server list just fine which you can see here: frustratedgamers.com

Yes, still shared host. I'm actually thinking about migrating the site to the VPS that the game servers are actually on but if I don't have to then that would be great.

People can connect to the server just fine and all my other game modes are reporting to the server list just fine which you can see here: frustratedgamers.com
Did the server ever display properly, or is this a recent development?

Last edited:
seems like just recent
Well I did some testing and I'm having the same issue with your gmod server. Other gmod servers are working fine though.

Can you ask your game server host if they made any changes recently that might have affected "querying"?

Well I did some testing and I'm having the same issue with your gmod server. Other gmod servers are working fine though.

Can you ask your game server host if they made any changes recently that might have affected "querying"?
All of the servers are on the same VPS, all using the same start up script :/

All of the servers are on the same VPS, all using the same start up script :/
Oh, you're hosting them yourselves? If you haven't made any recent changes to them, then I'm not sure what the issue might be. Might be a GameQ issue, but I don't know why it'd only affect the one source server. I'll have to think about it.

In the mean time, if you're still getting those permission errors, you could try asking your shared host if they've made any changes that might cause them.

Oh, you're hosting them yourselves? If you haven't made any recent changes to them, then I'm not sure what the issue might be. Might be a GameQ issue, but I don't know why it'd only affect the one source server. I'll have to think about it.

In the mean time, if you're still getting those permission errors, you could try asking your shared host if they've made any changes that might cause them.
Alrighty. Just out of curiosity, would it be possible to have an option to no have it certain servers query but just have the join link so it doesn't confuse others when it says 0/0?

Alrighty. Just out of curiosity, would it be possible to have an option to no have it certain servers query but just have the join link so it doesn't confuse others when it says 0/0?
You mean to hide the player count (or 0/0)? I can probably add that in the next release.

Looks like it's working again on your site.

Ver 1.0.2, so I'm down a version.
Where can I grab 1.0.3?

Error Info
ErrorException: fwrite(): send of 12 bytes failed with errno=1 Operation not permitted - library/GameServers/GameQ/GameQ.php:684
Generated By: Talaysen, A moment ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'fwrite(): send ...', '/home/templar/p...', 684, Array)
#1 /home/templar/public_html/library/GameServers/GameQ/GameQ.php(684): fwrite(Resource id #99, '\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x002\x00\x0021\x00)
#2 /library/GameServers/GameQ/GameQ.php(594): GameQ->queryServerInfo(Array)
#3 /library/GameServers/GameQ/GameQ.php(454): GameQ->requestMulti(Array)
#4 /library/GameServers/Model/Server.php(96): GameQ->requestData()
#5 /library/GameServers/CronEntry/Update.php(18): GameServers_Model_Server->updateAllActiveServers()
#6 [internal function]: GameServers_CronEntry_Update::updateServers(Array)
#7 /library/XenForo/Model/Cron.php(356): call_user_func(Array, Array)
#8 /library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Cron.php(213): XenForo_Model_Cron->runEntry(Array)
#9 /library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Cron->actionRun()
#10 /library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#11 /admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#12 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(123) "http://templar.onl/admin.php?cron/g...5171,0a53737cac1ef335dcb6d6a8328aba99f762454e"
["_GET"] => array(2) {
["cron/gameservers_update/run"] => string(0) ""
["_xfToken"] => string(53) "1,1402125171,0a53737cac1ef335dcb6d6a8328aba99f762454e"
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Edit:

I updated my XenForo to the latest release, no longer getting the above error message, still not updating properly though.

Ver 1.0.2, so I'm down a version.
Where can I grab 1.0.3?

Error Info
ErrorException: fwrite(): send of 12 bytes failed with errno=1 Operation not permitted - library/GameServers/GameQ/GameQ.php:684
Generated By: Talaysen, A moment ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'fwrite(): send ...', '/home/templar/p...', 684, Array)
#1 /home/templar/public_html/library/GameServers/GameQ/GameQ.php(684): fwrite(Resource id #99, '\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x002\x00\x0021\x00)
#2 /library/GameServers/GameQ/GameQ.php(594): GameQ->queryServerInfo(Array)
#3 /library/GameServers/GameQ/GameQ.php(454): GameQ->requestMulti(Array)
#4 /library/GameServers/Model/Server.php(96): GameQ->requestData()
#5 /library/GameServers/CronEntry/Update.php(18): GameServers_Model_Server->updateAllActiveServers()
#6 [internal function]: GameServers_CronEntry_Update::updateServers(Array)
#7 /library/XenForo/Model/Cron.php(356): call_user_func(Array, Array)
#8 /library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Cron.php(213): XenForo_Model_Cron->runEntry(Array)
#9 /library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Cron->actionRun()
#10 /library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#11 /admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#12 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(123) "http://templar.onl/admin.php?cron/gameservers_update/run&_xfToken=1,1402125171,0a53737cac1ef335dcb6d6a8328aba99f762454e"
["_GET"] => array(2) {
["cron/gameservers_update/run"] => string(0) ""
["_xfToken"] => string(53) "1,1402125171,0a53737cac1ef335dcb6d6a8328aba99f762454e"
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Edit:

I updated my XenForo to the latest release, no longer getting the above error message, still not updating properly though.

Is this a new issue (i.e. it was working before and now it isn't), or did you just add the mumble server to the addon?

Assuming you just added it (i.e. it was never working), I suggest you read the FAQ (linked below) and contact your host. I suspect your host may be blocking the port:
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/game-servers.2652/field?field=faq

If this is an issue that recently appeared, let me know and I'll think of something else.

Hi,

I was hoping you could provide some assistance, I've setup a new Arma 3 dedicated server but I'm having issues getting the server to report. I've got my server setup with the following ports:

2300 UDP (steamport)
2301 UDP (Steam query port)
2302 UDP (used for game)
2303 UDP (used for server reporting)
2304 UDP (? no information available for this port useage)
2305 UDP (used for VoN transmissions)

I've set my port to 2302, queryport to 2301 and the join url to steam://connect/xx.xx.xx.xx:2301

The join link works but I'm having no joy getting server numbers to display, I've tried pretty much every combination of ports without success. Could you throw any light on anything that seems off or checks I can do.

Cheers

Hi,

I was hoping you could provide some assistance, I've setup a new Arma 3 dedicated server but I'm having issues getting the server to report. I've got my server setup with the following ports:

2300 UDP (steamport)
2301 UDP (Steam query port)
2302 UDP (used for game)
2303 UDP (used for server reporting)
2304 UDP (? no information available for this port useage)
2305 UDP (used for VoN transmissions)

I've set my port to 2302, queryport to 2301 and the join url to steam://connect/xx.xx.xx.xx:2301

The join link works but I'm having no joy getting server numbers to display, I've tried pretty much every combination of ports without success. Could you throw any light on anything that seems off or checks I can do.

Cheers
Ok well it seems that the issue was due to the GameSpy shutdown. ARMA games used to use GameSpy for server communication/listing, but as that shutdown recently, they switched to using the Source query protocol. I'll have to file a bug upstream with GameQ, but in the meantime (or forever, if you want), you can use the following options to get it to work:

IP: 88.x.x.x
Server Type: Source Server
Port: 2301
(alternatively, you can use a different port if you want, and set the query port to 2301)

This works on my end, so it should work for you too.

Ok well it seems that the issue was due to the GameSpy shutdown. ARMA games used to use GameSpy for server communication/listing, but as that shutdown recently, they switched to using the Source query protocol. I'll have to file a bug upstream with GameQ, but in the meantime (or forever, if you want), you can use the following options to get it to work:

IP: 88.x.x.x
Server Type: Source Server
Port: 2301
(alternatively, you can use a different port if you want, and set the query port to 2301)

This works on my end, so it should work for you too.

Ta, I'll give that a try, just realised as well that I'm going to need to get the host for the website to open the port, I was too focused on the arma side of things as I've spent this evening wrestling to get it set up.

Cheers again.

Top Bottom