Gallery Options

Any chance for a light version that is released not at the end of the year but sooner?
Technically already out. Simple Gallery. What I am doing is feature driven development for it. Which is where I add features over time.
The 1.x version will basically be the light version. I am going to add a few little user things to the 1.x branch. These will just be simple things and likes, no comments or anything too advanced. Then the 2.x branch will see a clone of IP.Gallery in many ways and a price increase to 50 or 60 dollars. People who buy the current 1.x branch at $10 will get the 2.x branch free. Consider it a massive special heh, main reason for that is so I have a nice pool of testers at my disposal.

Technically already out. Simple Gallery. What I am doing is feature driven development for it. Which is where I add features over time.
The 1.x version will basically be the light version. I am going to add a few little user things to the 1.x branch. These will just be simple things and likes, no comments or anything too advanced. Then the 2.x branch will see a clone of IP.Gallery in many ways and a price increase to 50 or 60 dollars. People who buy the current 1.x branch at $10 will get the 2.x branch free. Consider it a massive special heh, main reason for that is so I have a nice pool of testers at my disposal.

We need it soon, Robbo.
Many people here say they are working on too. But we can't wait for 3 or 4 months.

We need it soon, Robbo.
Many people here say they are working on too. But we can't wait for 3 or 4 months.
I have bills to pay. Add-ons don't pay them. I work on stuff that pays my bills and then other things like this in my free time. Luckily one of my clients (who may or may not have posted in this thread) needs this as well so will help fund it meaning you will see this sooner than what I have previously said. First I have to get other stuff out of the way, this will have priority within 2 months... once it does I expect about a month to get it done to the quality I want and you expect.

Several in this thread have stated, they are willing to fund a good gallery, me included. Start a conversation with all of them and we will see what sum each can provide.
The money offered here isn't enough to give it priority over what I am already working on, it wouldn't bump it up my list of things to do. However it is already high on the list and will be done in the coming months. Something like this at the quality I work at takes time. Just know it is coming...

That would cover 2 weeks tops... this is more than 2 weeks work. People really underestimate the costs of things like this :/

I have more than 20 years experience in software development and I know that's not a work of two weeks.

The $1000 above was just a sample that people are willing to spend money on this. As I wrote above "Start a conversation with all of them and we will see what sum each can provide". Or state, that you aren't interested. Please, talk with us as customers and not as childs.

I have more than 20 years experience in software development and I know that's not a work of two weeks.

The $1000 above was just a sample that people are willing to spend money on this. As I wrote above "Start a conversation with all of them and we will see what sum each can provide". Or state, that you aren't interested. Please, talk with us as customers and not as childs.
I have already made it clear, I don't know how much clearer I can be? If you read my replies you would see that I will be doing this as soon as possible and I already have a client willing to help fund me making this. I just have other things to do for them first.

I would like to be spoken to as someone who actually knows what he is doing and the choices he is making. And not like I am making the choice to keep everyone waiting because I'm a prick... I HAVE to do other things first. I already told you clearly why I can't start right now.

I am actually talking to you as more than customers as I am giving details you won't get from other people like this. If I was talking to you as customers I would tell you a price and a guess of when it would come out, that is all. I am giving details on my schedule, why I can't start right now, and when I expect to be able to start and how long I expect it to take. Including pricing and offering a cheap solution for people getting in early.

The way this conversation has turned out is the very reason people who make things like I do don't communicate early. I have tried to do this multiple times with the same outcome. Lesson learnt.

Super Lite Gallery

What about a Gallery that was actually a thread ?
Each Gallery entry is a post, using Xenforo attachment system.
Only the thread starter can post in the thread. (Viewers can like posts).
Essentially it is a usual Xenforo thread, styled differently.
Signatures would be stripped out

Thread.as.Gallery.just.images.and.Text.comment.webp

Seems like it would be easy to make.
Would people use it ?
Uploading would look like (2), and the gallery entry (post) would look like (1).

I ain't trying to be mean Digital Doctor but we're competing for people's attention. They like sites like Facebook and apps like Instagram or even rating or dating sites due to the ease one can comment, rate or like an individual photo. We can comment rate and like individual posts in the forum, why not photos? Sounds like a cool concept but it does not look like a gallery.

A decent gallery system is going to take much longer than two weeks to develop.

EDIT: Just to add, the UI prototype for Galleria takes longer than two weeks, so unless the UI is halfassed, it definitely cannot be done in two weeks.

Top Bottom