XF 2.2 Full width page

Solution
Creating the child theme worked. This also worked as part of the template html for the page:
HTML:
<xf:css>
.p-body-inner{
    max-width:10000px!important
}
</xf:css>

Thank you!
By full width do you mean full width of the browser? I think you would just put a very large maximum width in Style Properties > Page setup > page width.

But if you mean no sidebar, then by default a page node is full width because there is no sidebar (unless you add one by adding some widgets ).

But if you mean something like the forum list page, you just need to make sure there are no widgets assigned and the there will then be no sidebar.

Last edited:
Let's pretend this screenshot represents a page (I understand it is not a page, but again let's pretend it is). I want the width of this page (not all pages, only this one) to be 100%.

What is in red is the current width I'm looking to change from X width to 100% / what's should fill the green rectangle:
1715089680078.webp

Try this in extra.less (where 12345 is your thread id)

Code:
[data-content-key="thread-12345"] .p-body-inner

{max-width:10000px!important}

EDIT: looks like it doesn't need the !important maybe

Try this in extra.less (where 12345 is your thread id)

Code:
[data-content-key="thread-12345"] .p-body-inner

{max-width:10000px!important}
sandlot youre killing me smalls GIF

This is for a Page, not for the threads view. I do not want to extend the width of threads view, I want to extend the width of a page.

Same would apply for a page depending on the data content key id

Code:
[data-content-key="page-123"] .p-body-inner

{max-width:10000px}

This is something I do but I do find it better to make an extra style and choose that in the node setting to override the default style. If it's a child style it is easy just one setting, no maintenance required.

Last edited:
Creating the child theme worked. This also worked as part of the template html for the page:
HTML:
<xf:css>
.p-body-inner{
    max-width:10000px!important
}
</xf:css>

Thank you!

Solution
I honestly didn't know the child themes were an option. Is there a way to hide the child theme name if it's being used as an override?
Yes you just disable user selection, it won't appear in the style chooser. I've also used for for noindexing specifically pages by editing PAGE_CONTAINER for a no index child stylestyle.

Screenshot 2024-05-07 at 17.10.17.webp

Top Bottom