Full Preview of Theme for XenForo

holder10

Hi,

I already teased it a bit, but I now wanted to share a full screenshot of my first XenForo theme with you. My main goal with the theme was to be both clear and clean, as the default theme is. But at the same time, I wanted to be more simple, offer more contrast and tried to get away from the standard blue color that's used in XenForo. I think I achieved all that quite well.

XenYelight.webp

Browser-Preview
http://go.prevue.it/public/u78u/(Please keep in mind that this version is far away from being coded - it's more like a mockup that will end up being coded after XenForo is released.)

Obviously, if you have any feedback, any suggestion, I would be uber-happy to hear them. After all, I'm creating this theme for you guys. Currently, I am planning to sell the theme (see the link in my signature) for about 50$ - the exact price will depend on XenForo itself. What do you think about that?

As much isn't known about the styling system yet, it's possible that some of the shown things aren't going to be implemented. Plus, this is still in very early stages, so a few things will probably change till the final version anyway.

I'll keep you updated as I make more progress with the theme. :)

Cheers,
holder10

PS: I think the full screenshot fits better here, so I created a new thread. I'll ask a mod to close the other thread.

PPS: The theme currently uses icons from “Project Icons” by Mihaiciuc Bogdan.

I like the orange but the overall theme doesn't work for me.

I'll just create my own anyway as I will need one to perfectly fit with the rest of my site.

I'm sorry if I sound rude, but $50 for what I assume with just a few colour changes and some CSS tweaks, is pretty steep. Also, If I'm going to buy a pre-made skin for an amount like that, it should at least be something I can't do myself, at least not easily. ;)

That is a very good looking theme. I am sure the potential for developing supreme themes is there.
Just need some magic from Peggy, Shelley, John and other designers to deliver..

I wouldn't exactly call it front-end and back-end. It's a real theme (for the front-end of XenForo) that will be released and will look pretty much like this. It can not be coded yet, but it will be as soon as possible. Just so that no one is confused. :)

Yes, we'll be trying hard to use as much CSS and as less template edits as possible, obviously!

Cheers,
the thread starter

That was my point, since it hasn't been coded yet, it's not a full theme, it has to get coded first, integrated as a style into xenforo. I didn't mean it as a negative thing, just stating a fact.

It is very nice work - easy on the eyes. But I agree with what others have said - $50 for a premade style = seems waaaay overpriced.  I've seen premade vB skins go for that - so... There will definitely be a market for.

Looking forward seeing this live, I think it will leave a bit of a different impression with me when you can run it live on some threads and forums on a board :) I appreciate the work you've put in to this so far :)

Top Bottom