Forum Runner acquired by Internet Brands

I personally have little to no use for a mobile style, I (and my users) actually prefer using the full style on our phones. Now an app is a different story, especially if it supports push notifications.
Yeah plus I sell my app... it sells quite well actually.

Wow - bombshell news. The last thing I want to do is get involved with a company that is suing the company they are providing an add-on for.
Wow......I was gonna buy the branded app too.

IB would be smart to drop their suit and start developing add-ons like this for multiple platforms....and be nice to XF. They would make more money that way!

I liked Forum Runner over Tapatalk but have always provided both choices to my members.
I guess everyone has their price.

I don't see myself keeping Forum Runner installed.

IB would be smart to drop their suit and start developing add-ons like this for multiple platforms....and be nice to XF. They would make more money that way!
Yeah. When...
elephants.webp

So will ForumRunner be removed for xenforo?

So will ForumRunner be removed for xenforo?

Forum Runner supports websites running a variety of forum software options including vBulletin. Support for all platforms will continue going forward, and Forum Runner will continue to publish and support its paid, customized branded versions of its applications.
http://www.marketwire.com/press-rel...s-mobile-app-creator-forum-runner-1629166.htm

Anything more I have to say would be pure speculation but I've dropped my plans to use Forum Runner on the three forums I'll migrating to XenForo soon. The product is good but I no longer have confidence for long term support unfortunately.

Of course it will.

It's just a matter of time. Might take a year or two, but they will certainly drop ALL foreign platforms.
Why would they? FR gives Internet Brands access to user data for sites that compete with their sites. Does FR run on xenforo.com ? That would give IB access to user data for xenforo.com members.
FR dropping non-vb platforms would be surprising. It would establish nothing except make Tapatalk grow.

Why would they? FR gives Internet Brands access to user data for sites that compete with their sites. Does FR run on xenforo.com ? That would give IB access to user data for xenforo.com members.
FR dropping non-vb platforms would be surprising. It would establish nothing except make Tapatalk grow.

Good business sense -vs- spite

When mutli-million dollars companies fight... Spite often wins.

But I do agree with the business side of it all.

edit: From a legal point of view... XenForo.com would be best not to use Forum Runner. Don't want someone foolishly arguing that XF is using Internet Brand's products & services on their site. All it takes is 1 judge who doesn't understand the world wide web and........

Good business sense -vs- spite

When mutli-million dollars companies fight... Spite often wins.

But I do agree with the business side of it all.

edit: From a legal point of view... XenForo.com would be best not to use Forum Runner. Don't want someone foolishly arguing that XF is using Internet Brand's products & services on their site. All it takes is 1 judge who doesn't understand the world wide web and........
Xenforo.com does not even use this I believe or have any third party apps installed on the this forum.

Took the words out my mouth, not to mention they'd be losing paying customers using it now with XF. From we're I'm sat, IB have more to gain by keeping it supporting XenForo like you said above, much more in fact and gives them a back-door foot hold into many XF forums using it for data they love to gather so much when after buying popular forums. Not to mention the competitor edge side of things they'd gain from it with data gathered.

I'd be surprised if they drop XenForo support from it. Dumb if they do!

Back when I had vb4 I had Forum Runner installed for awhile but I didn't see the point of having both that and Tapatalk. Uninstalled Forum Runner and stuck with Tapatalk. It's annoying have to upgrade two add-ons that do virtually the same thing.

I disabled Tapatalk in ACP but it is still transmitting data and users can access my forums over the tapatalk app.

I'm lucky enough that that I don't have many members use XF. As a matter of fact, I think I'm the only one that did.

I don't see why IB would want both ForumRunner and Tapatalk, as well as continuing to support their own mobile suite, which they promise to still support, and "is better than Forum Runner"

It obvious they want it so they can eliminate addons for competitors and have a monopoly on the fully integrated suite with mobile.

Top Bottom