XF 1.0 File Upload and Image Placement Using Quick Reply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everybody loves quick reply. Most forum software has implemented it in some form these days, but it tends to be lacking some functionality that means you often have to drag yourself back to the full editor page to achieve what you want, especially when it comes to attaching files to your messages.

XenForo allows you to upload files and place uploaded images into your posts right from the quick reply box when you're viewing a thread, you can then submit your message and it will be added to the discussion instantly.

... without ever leaving the page or opening a separate browser window.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I suggest you view this video at full-size by clicking the full-screen gadget in the bottom-right of the video.

1 thing

When an image is added as thumbail or full size, it should not be displayed at the end of the post as "attachment".
Is that ok for you?

Removing the post-bottom thumbnails if they have been attached is on the todo list, our approach makes it a little challenging however, so we have given it a low priority at present, while we work on more important functionality.

Thanks... again! :)

Having a multiple upload option, for both local and URL based images/items, would make it perfect :)

Hi,

Like the quick reply however I think I still have to get used to:

1. have my avatar on the bottom of every post
2. clicking reply on a post will take me to the bottom of the page even if it is the first post of the page that I click reply
2. clicking reply will always quote the post I am replying

Great staff - thanks!

But, when i click on a attached thumbnail, it comes a new site with the full image - better: when i click on thumbnail it comes a lightbox ala member card with the image...

The direct answer box dont scaling in FF 3.6.8 and WinXP. :?

Is that Kier's voice? Very nice! You could be on radio! :D

As for the demonstration... It's another one of these "why doesn't EVERYONE do it like that?" moments. It's just perfect. Great, great work Kier and Mike!

ayep that is indeed Kier's voice. Mike has a nice voice too. :)

Americans will be biased as Kier's English. (While I suppose I have a Philadelphian accent, with saying "wuder" [water] and all... :))

Beautiful, indeed! I like the auto-resizing, and inserting thumbs seems a breeze. As it should be. Only gribe: Uploading images one by one feels so 1998, compared to that ;) This screams for some sort of multiple upload facility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom