Featured content image upload cannot be disabled without disabling the whole feature content system

Andro

Hello,

I wonder why there's no separate permission to control the feature image upload on the featured content, unlike the rest of the XF areas.

The whole XF attachment/image upload system permissions can be controlled/disabled using the user group permission system (even though there is no one-click toggle-off option to disable the attachment system). There are individual user-level permissions built into XF that helps to disable image/file uploading e.g. Upload an avatar, Upload a profile banner, Upload attachments to posts/conversations, etc.

This is inconsistent with the 2.3 feature content system since there's no way to disable the feature image uploading within this area. I believe this was somehow missed while implementing the functionality. :rolleyes:

I am referring to this field:

gU9cyy4.png

A separate permission to control this action would be handy. (y)

Thanks

Upvote 1
If a member has permission to feature content then surely you want them to be able to add an image.

In most cases I expect it's going to be moderators with that permission.

Flexibility is often a good thins, but as @Paul B already pointed out:
I believe that in almost all cases users with permission to feature content would also be given permission to upload an image so a separate permission would not be required.

I believe that in almost all cases users with permission to feature content would also be given permission to upload an image so a separate permission would not be required.
Maybe if the permission to upload an image/attachment is revoked for user/user group, it should also disable the feature image uploading privilege. That will do if a separate permission is not included.

Top Bottom