[Extra] Max Thread Time Limit Per Node [Deleted]

haha Yeah I was too quick for you :)

I installed the plugin, however I do not see any additional permissions on forum permission pages. There are no additional options in the settings area, so I am unsure as to why nothing has changed. Am I missing something?

Note: From your description of the add on, it looks like the setting should be under "Vote on polls:", however it is not there.

Disregard my last comment. I uninstalled the add on and reinstalled and it all seems to be working now. :)

Quick question. The timeframe is defined in minutes. So for one post a day I would set the timeframe as 1440 minutes.

I am hoping to restrict new threads to one per month (it's for a marketplace). Though the number of days and minutes per month changes on a month to month basis. I don't imagine this will be a problem in the short term, but in the long term this could be a pain. Is there a way of changing the setting from minutes to days?

I wasn't able to reproduce this.

Usergroup 1 is able to post 1 thread per day
Usergroup 2 is able to post 4 threads per day.

I've added the testuser to usergroup1 and i was able to create ONLY 1 thread.
Then i've promoted him to usergroup2 and he was able to create 3 new threads, before the "post new thread" button was gone(no permissions to create new threads)
When you promoted the user, did you change the primary usergroup or add the promotion as a secondary user group?

This doesn't seem to be working for me anymore. Can you confirm that the add on works correctly with Xenforo 1.3.3?

I had the minutes set at 43200 (30 days) and the thread limit set at one. Yet a new member who has just purchased an upgrade to the correct user group cannot post a thread. I checked the permissions of other users in the user group, and they cannot post in the room either; despite them never posting in the room.

I dropped the minutes to 34,000 and this allows the correct user group to post. However, I tested the permissions of someone who posted a thread in the room on 12 June i.e. 7 days ago. They shouldn't be able to post until July, yet they are allowed to post.

I recommend other users who have upgraded to 1.3.3 to check their permissions and ensure that it is working correctly.

This doesn't seem to be working for me anymore. Can you confirm that the add on works correctly with Xenforo 1.3.3?

I had the minutes set at 43200 (30 days) and the thread limit set at one. Yet a new member who has just purchased an upgrade to the correct user group cannot post a thread. I checked the permissions of other users in the user group, and they cannot post in the room either; despite them never posting in the room.

I dropped the minutes to 34,000 and this allows the correct user group to post. However, I tested the permissions of someone who posted a thread in the room on 12 June i.e. 7 days ago. They shouldn't be able to post until July, yet they are allowed to post.

I recommend other users who have upgraded to 1.3.3 to check their permissions and ensure that it is working correctly.
thx
I don't have 1.3.3 ATM:(,
I'll test it immediatly after i have enought money on paypal to extend my license

Thanks.

Do you have an idea as to when that would be? As it stands, members can now post an unlimited number of times in a discussion room that they should only post once per month. So I am keen to get this resolved quickly :)

I've tested it now with 1.3.3 and it's working as expected.

that they should only post once per month.

I think that's the problem.
This addon doesn't work this way. It doesn't reset the counter each month! If you've set a timeframe of 43200 (30 days) it will count the users threads created in the last 30 days.

I've tested it now with 1.3.3 and it's working as expected.

I think that's the problem.
This addon doesn't work this way. It doesn't reset the counter each month! If you've set a timeframe of 43200 (30 days) it will count the users threads created in the last 30 days.

But it isn't doing that. When I test the permissions of the member who posted a thread in the room last week, the new thread button shows. I assume the Xenforo permission test would remove the post thread button if he was not able to post yet. Is that correct?

But it isn't doing that. When I test the permissions of the member who posted a thread in the room last week, the new thread button shows. I assume the Xenforo permission test would remove the post thread button if he was not able to post yet. Is that correct?
Yes, and in my tests it's working as expected.

If you want, you can start a conversation with me with your url and the logindata for the admin account to take a look at your problem:)

Although I haven't tested yet, it should. Can't think of of anything in 1.5 that changed that would conflict.

Top Bottom