XF 1.1 Everything throws be back to mainpage

Poison

Hello guys,

I installed Xenforo a few days ago and I noticed a problem. I already talked about that with Jake but we can't find an answer.

Ok, here is the problem:

It usually comes sometimes (sporat). My forum thows me back on the mainpage when I try to click something. It takes no matter what I am clicking. Everything throws me back on the mainpage. For example when I move the curser to the "nickname" (you normally should see the Profile) but in this window is just the mainpage "crazy". Every link brings me to the startpage. The currect link is shown in the firefox or internet explorer. After some seconds (between 30 and 3 minutes, I don't know) is everything fine and it works. My User and I got this problem somethimes a day.
Maybe you guys have an idea ?!?!?

Thank you guys...

Greetings Poison

I like Doug's idea (switch to Linux) :D

Hello,

just want to say that i've now setup insanitygaming with the new Linux vServer and everything seems to work here and it's damn fast :)

I've still the vServer Windows for up to 7 days , once i got time i'll see if i can fix the Server Manager (Microsoft Management Console stopped working) to see what FASTCGI Settings i've got.

-Doug Heffernan

As for finding the exact problem on your Windows server... I don't know.

I still think the problem is Plesk and no one seems to want to disprove it yet.

The PHP binary is pre-installed with Plesk so you would have to uninstall Plesk, (which will also uninstall PHP) and then install the standard IIS PHP binaries. There's a full guide on doing this here at the PHP website: http://php.net/manual/en/install.windows.iis7.php

Once you have it working, it then begs the question: What about a control panel? Well... cross that bridge when you get there. This could be seen as a pretty decent diagnostic method.

The only common things between your install and Doug's were Windows, IIS and Plesk. Windows or IIS works - I use XenForo in that configuration (sometimes), many people run live websites on it without issue. That then leads me to some sort of issue with Plesk. Eliminate that, and if the problem is eliminated then maybe it's possible to reinstall Plesk without its seemingly shoddy PHP implementation.

If it isn't sorted after doing away with Plesk... well... you can install Apache in Windows so maybe that's an option.

FWIW, on a vanilla 2008 R2 setup with (FastCGI) PHP 5.3.x, I've seen this revert to home page issue occur when the URL Rewrites weren't configured correctly -OR- they were conflicting with something else on the same instance. In one rare instance, the web.config structure was corrupted, which was fixed after deleting and creating a new one.

There is no control panel software installed on the servers that I've worked with and everything else in configured as stock, except caching systems.

I've not run PHP 5.4.x on live systems due to other legacy apps that can't operate on 5.4. (if it matters)

Sorry for pulling up that old post but I thaught if I install the latest version now this bug will be fixed ... but the bug is upcoming yet :(

Any new ideas guys ???

Top Bottom