XF 2.2 Error: Webhook received from Stripe could not be verified as being valid.

cwe

I set up Stripe as a payment processor several months ago and it was working great. Members were purchasing upgrades and they were being applied as expected.

Apparently I have only had two members purchase an upgrade in the last month and for both purchases, the XF payment provider log shows multiple errors as shown in the thread title. In other words, there has not been a successful web hook in over a month. I didn't change anything in XF or Stripe from how things were set up and working over a month ago.

I'd like to fix this, but I have no clue where to begin. Help!

I'm still struggling with this problem.

Is there anyone here that runs two (or more) XF sites and uses Stripe to process member upgrades? I'd really like to know how your XF/Stripe configuration differs from mine.

Experiencing the same problem here while testing the account upgrade feature, the payment was successful but the Payment Provider Log is generating an error (the one listed here). All I can really gather from the Xenforo & Stripe logs is that the Webhook URL is responding with an HTTP code 400 for some reason. I read a couple of other topics here and none of them seem to address this issue, the Developer Endpoint is configured with the six events (tried listening to all events as well), the webhook used is exactly as provided on the Payment Provider profile, the only thing I don't have filled in is the statement descriptor and test key fields which appear to be optional.

Pastebin dump of the log file is here: https://pastebin.com/GhqDVbGd

Last edited:
Experiencing the same problem here ...

Are you by any chance using Stripe with 2 or more XF sites? My problem seems to have started when I set up Stripe processing on my second XF site. One Stripe account (key), 2 different webhook endpoints (signing secrets). Stripe seems to shoot webhook attempts to both endpoints every time there is a transaction and both fail even though the signing secrets are set correctly. In my case, the Stripe processing worked fine for several months and stopped working when I set up my second site (I didn't change anything on my first site - went from working to generating that error message). Very frustrating.

Are you by any chance using Stripe with 2 or more XF sites? My problem seems to have started when I set up Stripe processing on my second XF site. One Stripe account (key), 2 different webhook endpoints (signing secrets). Stripe seems to shoot webhook attempts to both endpoints every time there is a transaction and both fail even though the signing secrets are set correctly. In my case, the Stripe processing worked fine for several months and stopped working when I set up my second site (I didn't change anything on my first site - went from working to generating that error message). Very frustrating.
No, sorry. I contemplated making my own thread because of that, but ultimately decided that keeping everything in one thread would do more to draw attention to both of our problems and hopefully help with resolving this issue for other community members, presuming we can figure out what's happening here.

Top Bottom