Error on install

mizter1nho

Hello
I have this error on install:

Server Error

Mysqli statement execute error : Prepared statement needs to be re-prepared
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in */library/Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 317
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in */library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in */library/XenForo/Install/Model/Install.php at line 187
  4. XenForo_Install_Model_Install->insertDefaultData() in */library/XenForo/Install/Controller/Install.php at line 197
  5. XenForo_Install_Controller_Install->actionStep2() in */library/XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  6. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in */library/XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  7. XenForo_FrontController->run() in */install/index.php at line 17
------

Requirements Met

Your server meets all of XenForo's PHP requirements.

------
mysql version: 5.1.56

I'm not sure what else I can suggest. We can't offer support for your MySQL server here, but whenever I've encountered the 'prepared statement needs to be re-prepared' error in the past, a restart of the mysqld process has resolved the problem.

I did some searching and found some information.

It is suggested that you try to increase the value of table_definition_cache in your MySQL configuration:

http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=42041

[29 Nov 2010 13:58] Susanne Ebrecht

All reporters,

please try to increased the value of table_definition_cache and let us know if this will
help.

It is also suggested that you try upgrading the client library in PHP:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/statement-repreparation.html

Older versions of the client library cannot handle this change in behavior. For applications that use prepared statements with a server that performs automatic repreparation, an upgrade to the new client library is strongly recommended.

I'm not exactly sure what to do about this to fix it. I'm on a VPS currently and cannot restart the MySQL server.

My post above has some possible fixes. A VPS server should come with root access which would allow you to restart the server.

This is a server problem. If you aren't adept with configuring your server then you should ask your host or server person to look into this error.

We approach database access completely differently -- using prepared statements for one. This seems like it might be MySQL or PHP-MySQL integration specific. We can only recommend trying different versions of MySQL and/or PHP.

I got this error when upgrading CTA Featured Threads to the latest version. I'm now on Xenforo 1.5.6

Brogan pointed me to this thread. I just found out the bug was not caused by the add-on though.

Apparently the bug was caused by a MySQL error.

Is it safe to continue without any steps if the error isn't continuous or hasn't appeared more than that one time?

In other words, do I need to take any steps to do anything if the error was only a one-time error.

Last edited:
As I explained on the support site, it is neither an add-on nor XF bug, it is related to MySQL, PHP or a combination of the two, as has been explained in this thread by two of the XF developers.

As I explained on the support site, it is neither an add-on nor XF bug, it is related to MySQL, PHP or a combination of the two, as has been explained in this thread by two of the XF developers.

I edited my post after seeing your reply.

Do you believe it's not necessary to take action since the server error only happened once and didn't re-appear?

If whatever process was running completed successfully (after being resubmitted) and it doesn't happen again, then it can likely be ignored.

If it happens again with any regularity then you may need to look at carrying out some of the steps listed in this thread.

If whatever process was running completed successfully (after being resubmitted) and it doesn't happen again, then it can likely be ignored.

If it happens again with any regularity then you may need to look at carrying out some of the steps listed in this thread.

Thank you. I was hoping you'd say that.

I appreciate you clearing that up. Just a bit of confusion is all that was. I didn't think it was the add-on either but glad you sorted that out.

Top Bottom