XF 1.2 Engadget like header?

TheBigK

I really like the header engadget has launched with their new blog design. I believe the logo & the entire header area unnecessarily occupies a lot of area.

It'd be great if someone could post the custom CSS to have a header like engadget on xenForo.

Well, here you guys go, a very rough draft of it :D, not going to provide support on this currently, I whipped this up in about 10 minutes. It's the stock style so it is more for reference than anything :D.

One version uses javascript to adjust the navigation when it scrolls past the moderator bar.

One version uses simply a fixed position on the nav bar + pushes the moderator bar to the bottom.

Off to bed, enjoy :D

I know you said no support currently, but I can't seem to find where you put display: none; on the convo and alerts tab.

And for anyone who wants to see what it looks like here is a screen. Though this my version; colors are changed.

f0xx.png

I know you said no support currently, but I can't seem to find where you put display: none; on the convo and alerts tab.

And for anyone who wants to see what it looks like here is a screen. Though this my version; colors are changed.

f0xx.png
Love that you're trying @Matthew Hawley

You have a lot more work to finish though. The registration page for example has this odd bar going through it. But of course I understand that it is a work in progress.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2013-11-23 02:34:24.webp
    Screenshot from 2013-11-23 02:34:24.webp
    23.6 KB · Views: 32
Not exactly sure you can get away with doing this though unless you have paid for branding removal from that style

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2013-11-23 02:49:02.webp
    Screenshot from 2013-11-23 02:49:02.webp
    26.3 KB · Views: 32
  • Screenshot from 2013-11-23 02:49:17.webp
    Screenshot from 2013-11-23 02:49:17.webp
    26.1 KB · Views: 29
Lol....ExpertPixels didn't make that style. I did. I put that there. I joined the ExpertPixels team and Codeforu.ms is going to be a network site.
OK. I was a little confused and you can understand why I thought it change that as soon as I found your site, it suddenly changed.

@ExpertPixels.com I guess should be lucky that their team of developers is growing. Congratulations on your new employment within their company.

Well, here you guys go, a very rough draft of it :D, not going to provide support on this currently, I whipped this up in about 10 minutes. It's the stock style so it is more for reference than anything :D.

One version uses javascript to adjust the navigation when it scrolls past the moderator bar.

One version uses simply a fixed position on the nav bar + pushes the moderator bar to the bottom.

Wow you have no idea how much I love this. My site feels complete now (though more work required in other areas :p)

Hey Russ, excellent file. How would I apply this on an existing non-default style?

Hey Russ, I did that and it worked nicely(y). One template though that is out of date but ill sort that out tomorrow.

Result looks very nice and i want to thank you very much for your kind and helpful posts in this thread.

Result here

Top Bottom