Elasticsearch Installation and Configuration.

Slavik

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Elasticsearch Installation and Configuration.
Having had several requests from current board owners wanting me to assist them with the installation of Elasticsearch and XenForo Enhanced Search, I will be offering up my personal services to install and configure the big board solution.

I have 5 years experience with RHEL/SUSE and their various flavors, with multiple installations of Elasticsearch on each of these. The price listed here is on a personal basis and thus come with no warrenty or liability for any work done.

Price:
$90 per XenForo Installation

Whats Included?
The installation of Elasticsearch to include:
  • Installing Elasticsearch
  • Installing Java 6 or 7 JRE
  • Cleanup
Basic configuration of Elasticsearch to include:
  • IP Binding (if required)
  • Custom index data directory
  • Naming
  • Settings configuration
Installation of the service wrapper to include:
  • Installing the service wrapper
  • Configuration to allow for the service to be easily started and stopped
  • Cleanup
Configuration of the service wrapper to include:
  • Memory limits
Installation of the XenForo Enhanced Search to include:
  • Installing Enhanced Search
  • Configuration
  • Re-indexing
Toubleshooting
Can't get your install to work? Your hosting company not providing support? I can troubleshoot your Elasticsearch install and resolve the issue. Contact me with details of your problem for a quote.

Ordering.
Send me a private conversation and I will reply with the information I need from you. Typically this will include:
  1. Your website URL
  2. SSH login details including root login
  3. FTP Details for your website
  4. Super Admin login details for your XenForo board
  5. Any requirements for installation if known (custom data directory location etc)
Testimonials.
Big time thanks to Slavik for helping me get this sorted out!(y) He went above and beyond to correct poorly done installs by my server support group, not to mention configuring everything so that's working like a champ.

He's one of the reasons XF has such a great support community.

So, Slavik's been helping me out with my hosting woes lately. While I can't comment on his Elasticsearch skills, he's been extremely helpful, and definitely knows what he's doing. :)

I can vouch for Slavik, he's done amazing things recently administering another site I've been frequenting for the past 10 years. I would hire him in a heartbeat to help out with forum related work such as this.

Heck, the man just did my ES install and it works like a dream...got service with a smile within a couple hours.
Can't beat that.

I can't stress enough how fast Slavik can get this running. I had it installed already, though it got corrupted and I'd been playing around with all the suggestions mentioned in this area, to no avail. Slavik got involved and had it running with minutes of him looking at the problem directly.
My advice, give him access to the problem and let him at it... it will be fixed extremely quickly with a high degree of accuracy from what I have just witnessed compared to the time I wasted on this myself.
10 out of 10 from me.

Another excellent, clean, efficient install by Slav. Thanks mate... transferred my sites to a new server and ES was working perfectly.

Slavik saved me again - my server rack had to be moved and so the thing was restarted - ES may have not been shut down correctly, so would not come back.....
He helped me within a few minutes! Up and running again!

Rather then try and install Elasticsearch myself, I got Slavik to do it for me...I haven't looked back, well done Slavik and thanks for your great service

Slav did a perfect job to set up my ES for my website ( 4M posts), fast and smooth :)

Slav did a super fast and well executed install of Elasticsearch on my server. Professional, courteous and prompt. Save yourself the headache and opt for his service. I'm happy I did.

Last edited:
I can vouch for Slavik, he's done amazing things recently administering another site I've been frequenting for the past 10 years. I would hire him in a heartbeat to help out with forum related work such as this.

Heck, the man just did my ES install and it works like a dream...got service with a smile within a couple hours.
Can't beat that.

I can't stress enough how fast Slavik can get this running. I had it installed already, though it got corrupted and I'd been playing around with all the suggestions mentioned in this area, to no avail. Slavik got involved and had it running with minutes of him looking at the problem directly.

My advice, give him access to the problem and let him at it... it will be fixed extremely quickly with a high degree of accuracy from what I have just witnessed compared to the time I wasted on this myself.

10 out of 10 from me.

Another excellent, clean, efficient install by Slav. Thanks mate... transferred my sites to a new server and ES was working perfectly.

Slavik saved me again - my server rack had to be moved and so the thing was restarted - ES may have not been shut down correctly, so would not come back.....

He helped me within a few minutes! Up and running again!

Slav did a super fast and well executed install of Elasticsearch on my server. Professional, courteous and prompt. Save yourself the headache and opt for his service. I'm happy I did.

I used Slavik's configuration services. He was really fast, and my service was running in 20 minutes since I've contacted him. I had a small problem with search indexing that was solved in minutes. Would use his services again for sure. Thanks!

Slavik handled my ES installation and couldn't have been more helpful. He updated me on the progress every step of the way and then even checked in with me a day later to make sure it was working properly. A+ and worth every penny. Don't hesitate to ask for his help.

No way I could have installed this without Slavik. He sure knows what he is doing. I would recommend him any day. Not only that but he was also very attentive to my questions and answered them all with complete clarity. No way I would mess with installing something that required root access without this guy. He can definitely be trusted for the job! :)

Hi!! what i can say about Slavik?

After importing my big board from vb4.2.x (18Mill post, 280k users, 2,9Mill attachments) he optimized all the system for the best performance. First of all he monitored the systems at high peak hours and detected some problems. He tuned xcache Apache+NGINX but sometimes there was some lags when loading pages and he tried LiteSpeed webserver. After installing and configuring it he watched it performance he notice that there were some problems with MySQL and some slow queries which were struggling all the board. He looked for the "bad" query and the plugin which was causing it.

Now my board loads pages as it were empty even with more than 3000 users connected. ;)

---
Spanish version

Bueno, bueno, pues que puedo decir de Slavik.

Primero hizo la migración de ForoMTB.com desde vbulletin 4.2.x a XenForo. Como no quería arriesgarme por la cantidad de mensajes, usuarios y porque no puedo tener mucho tiempo parado el foro por el tema de anunciantes. Hizo la migración muy rápido pero el rendimiento no era el deseado ya que aunque seguía yendo más rápido (en cuanto a la carga de páginas) que con vbulletin el decía que no era correcto. Estuvo monitorizando el servidor durante unos días en hora punta y vio que la carga de apache era muy alta. Estuvo modificando parámetros del apache y nginx pero no daba buen rendimiento por lo que probamos con LiteSpeed webserver y mejoró bastante. Aún así estuvo mirando las consultas a la base de datos y vio que había algunas que tardaban demasiado. Localizó la consulta que machacaba el rendimiento junto al plugin que lo causaba. Desactivamos el plugin, instalamos Percona MySQL y ahora parece un servidor nuevo. Es impresionante!

Muy buen trabajo y muy profesional. Muchas gracias!

Slavik was very kind to offer me valuable advice regarding caching yesterday without expecting anything in return.
Very knowledgeable and experienced.

Slavik installed Elasticsearch on my forums in a jiffy. He was very fast and professional. Super easy to work with.
Thanks Jon!

Slavik did a great job of configuring ES on my large board (11mill posts, 100k users).

He also setup caching and other optimisations for my server and it's now running brilliantly

Get it done properly and use him :)

Slavik installed Elasticsearch on my forums in a jiffy. He was very fast and professional. Super easy to work with.
Thanks Jon!

Slavik did a great job of configuring ES on my large board (11mill posts, 100k users).

He also setup caching and other optimisations for my server and it's now running brilliantly

Get it done properly and use him :)

No problem guys, thanks for the reviews!

Top Bottom