• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[DragonByte] xFShout [AJAX]

I tried installing this, and when I added: <!--XFSHOUT.1--> to the template, and then go to the forums it gives me an error saying: An unexpected error has occured. Please try again later.

Seem to be getting internal errors like 500 when active. As soon as I deactivate the product, those issues stop.

Added:

TazDevillooney is a member at my site and he experienced the following:

Nope Unknow error, Be best one.

When i first clicked on the site there was no shout box.
I clicked the home tab and unknow error.
I clicked the forum tab annd unknow error.
I came back here.
Went back and got in with the shout box working
While clicking the shout box dissapered
and now im back here LOL

I think it's worth pointing out that the author hasn't been online for over 2 months, so bear this in mind when installing this add-on.

I seen dragonbyte selling their XF license on Digital Point, so not sure the developer is even modding for XF or not still.

Wasn't us - someone was using our name and avatar etc, it's been removed now.

We still proudly own 2 XF licenses.

The porting of mods proved to be much more time consuming than we had anticipated, and we had to make it secondary to our vBulletin mods for the sake of our customers - we do still have several mods in various stages of development, but unfortunately they are not our primary focus at the moment.

That being said, i'll get someone on here to look at the issues people are having - didn't realise that wasn't the case, please accept my apologies.

Iain

I've been unable to confirm any of the issues anyone here has been describing, using RC2.

The only thing I can think of would be the data folder not being writable for some reason - it's kinda hard to guess when I don't have any of the same errors :p

Has anyone else been able to replicate it and would be able to give me more details regarding their XF version / server setup / etc?

Current version does run without serious bugs. Installation works in stable version, but I am really looking forward for additional features :)

This still works great with xF 1.0.1

To get rid of the "Fetching Shouts In X Seconds" countdown timer, all you have to do blank out the the "dbtech_xfshout_fetching_shouts_in_x_seconds" phrase or change it to some other static text.

AdminCP -> Appearance -> Search Phrases -> dbtech_xfshout_fetching_shouts_in_x_seconds

Would personally love to see all of this ported to xenForo. This is one modification I used to have on my old vbulletin forums ages ago, and I for one would say once its working and the feature set is there, its a good modification worth keeping an eye on.

Any updates Decado? Would love to see some of the planned features added.

How can I change the th head where xfshout appears? I tried adding a class of categoryStrip to it, but it's not working.

Any updates Decado? Would love to see some of the planned features added.

How can I change the th head where xfshout appears? I tried adding a class of categoryStrip to it, but it's not working.

Are you wanting to remove it? I just added it and have mine only shown as the shoutbox with the text line available. Is that what you are looking for? If so, I could find what it was I changed and send it.

Here is what mine looks like:

vOtyv2.png

Are you wanting to remove it? I just added it and have mine only shown as the shoutbox with the text line available. Is that what you are looking for? If so, I could find what it was I changed and send it.

Here is what mine looks like:

Hmm.. never thought about removing it, Thanks!

This still works great with xF 1.0.1

To get rid of the "Fetching Shouts In X Seconds" countdown timer, all you have to do blank out the the "dbtech_xfshout_fetching_shouts_in_x_seconds" phrase or change it to some other static text.

AdminCP -> Appearance -> Search Phrases -> dbtech_xfshout_fetching_shouts_in_x_seconds

I found it best to comment out in the dbtech_xfshout_box_wrapper template this way:
Code:
<!-- <tr class="dataRow primaryContent">
            <td style="font-size:11px;" id="dbtech_xfshout_status{$instance.instance_id}">Loading...</td>
        </tr> -->

I found it best to comment out in the dbtech_xfshout_box_wrapper template this way:
Code:
<!-- <tr class="dataRow primaryContent">
            <td style="font-size:11px;" id="dbtech_xfshout_status{$instance.instance_id}">Loading...</td>
        </tr> -->

I am pretty sure that is the way I did it as well. Looking for / working on getting a place for smilies to show up, like on the vB version.... Other than that, this one is fine for my needs.

I am pretty sure that is the way I did it as well. Looking for / working on getting a place for smilies to show up, like on the vB version.... Other than that, this one is fine for my needs.

Hmm, I have happy smiles addon installed, maybe if I can get it to how it there with little modification..

Top Bottom