• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Downloads Plugin

I have to agree with you, maidos. I didn't think the wait for someone to come up with a Downloads mod would actually get so long. :(

Major mods takes months, if not longer to do, and to do them properly takes even more time.
Totally agree with you, my friend. I don't mean to complain, but well, so far no one seems to be willing to take it up at all, other than Robbo. That's all I mean to point out. :)

Once again I have had to delete posts about how well add-ons and developers are supported.

This is an add-on request thread and therefore they were way off topic.

droidhost that mod is for xf integrated attachment systems, im pretty sure majority of us dont use that, instead use an own download sysstems such as downloadsII from vbulletin as it has been posted several times.
well robbo greeat news but it seems that its noot going to be like that as theres no news further about downloadsII sigh

Just to be clear, I'm not porting or cloning downloadsII. I will be making a downloads mod that will most likely be better than it (saying at the risk of sounding arrogant heh).

It will be my first paid mod so is fairly high on my priority list, I have started coding things that it will use and help me code it faster, so it is coming.

Really ? What happened to your Gallery plans ?
There is much more demand for the downloads mod. And it will have a shorter development cycle. I have a hell of a lot of things to get done right now outside of modding XenForo. Once I get over this little 'hump' I should be able to start releases mods much faster.

There has been a lot of threads about a downloads mod anyway. Not so much about a gallery that I have seen. Gallery will be after downloads anyway so shouldn't be too far away.

I wouldn't say either one is easier, they are both easy. It is just these things take time. And the gallery will have more features and therefore take more time. I need to get something out to get some income before I have to start go looking for another job...

well robbo already coded an image gallery, so why are you still unsatisfied? While we who desires a download mods still dont have even one download mods for xenforo! and we have been requesting as long as the other members who requested gallery which is from last year
and theres already 3 existing image gallery to pick
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/mercgallery-lite-beta-1.14514
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xen-shimmie-gallery-tagged-searching-based.13462/
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/photopost-pro-gallery-integration.11081

so from my perspective it is not fair to ask robbo to continue on gallery while theres already 3 existing ones and delay download mods even further(we have been waiting for download mods for almost a year) because we cant migrate to xf without a download modswhile those webmaster who desires gallery can as they can pick and choose 3 different galleries

This is a request for a download add-on, so discussion on a gallery add-on is off topic.

Top Bottom