Donation Manager [Paid] [Deleted]

Yeah this addon has been having odd behavior for a while. Hope now remains with @vbgamer45 to make compatibility fix with 1.5 as the release seems to approach.

Note: 1.2.x is the last version for the 1.x.x branch. Only fixes will be done here. 2.0 is being worked on as a complete recode with many new features.

Has this been deferred since the announcement of XF's version 2.0

In its current condition the developer should be paying us to even use it. What a joke for $50

@FredC we need to see if we can get a clear response from the new developer. Otherwise this addon is on abandonment again without no alternatives.

This is where Xenforo is a complete failure to me, decent modding support! I love the software but i can't stop being frustrated seeing more, better and cheaper on vBulletin / IPB. :(

Have you reported the issue via the developers website? They have a ticket system. It may be best just in case they miss this thread.
The issue that is broken on XF 1.5 is pretty much the same behavior that happens to some people using this addon (including me) that i had sent a ticket for already, that got no reply. So on 1.5 what happened is that it really broke, once 1.5 enters RC i will setup a ticket otherwise we can't update Xenforo.

Choose your add-ons and developers more carefully.

I've never had any issues with developers and add-ons I have used.
It would be easier yes, if there were alternatives for some essential mods. That ends up on if the modder can't support any longer, then we just depend on hopes it will either be fixed, or some other modder will provide a new addon.

The issue that is broken on XF 1.5 is pretty much the same behavior that happens to some people using this addon (including me) that i had sent a ticket for already, that got no reply. So on 1.5 what happened is that it really broke, once 1.5 enters RC i will setup a ticket otherwise we can't update Xenforo.

I wasn't aware it was broken on 1.5 which means I may have to disable it. If support has gone, or is very limited, I may just remove the add-on.

I wasn't aware it was broken on 1.5 which means I may have to disable it. If support has gone, or is very limited, I may just remove the add-on.
Yes it worries me a lot because i have over 3K donated on hundreds of entries... That work with account upgrades. If this doesn't work on 1.5 and he doesn't update... I can't upgrade i have no idea what to do =/

Yes it worries me a lot because i have over 3K donated on hundreds of entries... That work with account upgrades. If this doesn't work on 1.5 and he doesn't update... I can't upgrade i have no idea what to do =/

Then I hope a/the developer can help you. I've only a handful who have used the donate system at this time so I'm lucky I suppose. It wasn't a cheap add-on though so here's hoping they return to support it.

So this mod was picked up by another developer? I bought this some time ago but thought it was abandoned a long time ago. Was there no notification?

So this mod was picked up by another developer? I bought this some time ago but thought it was abandoned a long time ago. Was there no notification?
Robbo did a thread about it, and the new dev updated some minor fixes but then, when on a XF 1.4 update odd behavior started to happen with donations not being recognized, neither counting towards goals, etc... That's when the dev refused to fix because he can't reproduce the issue. Now, XF 1.5 seems to have broke this and we're waiting reply from the new dev on if he didn't ran away from maintaining this.

So no email to customers who paid $50? lol This never worked with Xenforo's internal user upgrades anyway. The only XF mod I ever regretted paying for. So nothing has changed. *sneaks back out the door.*

after removing a goal and creating a new goal, the sidebar no longer displays said goal and the donation page acts as if there's 2 goals, it doesn't show the new goal as featured like I asked it to... any help?

after removing a goal and creating a new goal, the sidebar no longer displays said goal and the donation page acts as if there's 2 goals, it doesn't show the new goal as featured like I asked it to... any help?

You set the new goal as primary or whatever it is thats required to make the sidebar show?

Top Bottom