Do you plan to run XenForo beta live?

Puntocom

I can't wait to make a live board with XenForo, although it's in beta, I suppose there will be no problems, so I will probably run a new community the first day XenForo is available.

And you?

Ah, OK, thanks Peggy.

I will be looking to have a chat which is fully integrated using ajax so it looks and feels like part of the same site.
Hopefully someone will do something similar to what StarTrekGuide did for phpBB.
I use comet chat: http://www.cometchat.com/

It hooks in to the database for user information and lives at the bottom of your screen ala facebook chat, it also includes chat rooms. My users have been very happy with it.

Yes, I've seen cometchat and I don't like it.

Again I want something which looks exactly like the rest of the site as it currently does on my existing site, living on its own tab or page.
Smilies, admins, moderators and users are all catered for properly with the correct permissions, etc.

I'm planning to have a demo installation whilst I setup modifications, skin etc life so my members can familiarize themselves. I plan to import 1.7 million posts in the process to test how it goes :) It will be interesting

I most certainly will be. I just can't wait to get back into theming my forum... and vB just makes me cringe every time I think about doing it.

Kier has said, "You will not be disappointed" in regards to template editing in XF, so I'm holding my breath.

I'm also growing extremely tired of vB's admin panel. Yuck!

It really depends on how everything else is going on the development of my site and how fast I can get it done. XF will probably be the base for the site, so waiting for that and then trying to style and develop some things I need for it.

Otherwise, it would be a yes. :p

I have a policy of never running beta software live, so no for me. However, I will be running it in a test directory for skin development and training purposes.

Top Bottom