Do you own a laptop?

Do you own a laptop?

• Yes

Votes: 65 89.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 11.0%

• Total voters
I own one laptop, which is a Dell Inspiron 1546 which is mainly used for mIRC, Skype and Windows Live Messenger.

I do also own an iMac (27" QC i7, 8GB RAM) which is what I use mostly for development purposes.

Wow,it seems less and less guys are using thinkpad,which is very popular in China.

I've been using Thinkpads for quite some time - short of a Toughbook, they are the most physically versatile consumer laptop. I currently have a Thinkpad T400 w/ 8GB RAM and a 160GB SSD. Bought the GF a T500 to replace her Acer.

I am LOVING my new HP laptop. I just didn't know that it is so darn hard to find a decently priced laptop case for a 17" laptop. :(

what's the new model.
The Asus 1215N -- it is the bomb. WXVGA screen... Atom 525 processor...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...856&cm_re=asus_netbook-_-34-220-856-_-Product

The 12.1 screen is a tad small for WXVGA but you get used to it and I LOVE all that screen space. 10.1 netbooks make me crazy. Honestly, my favorite piece of equipment in a long while and I've had a lot of them. I paid $299 for an open box floor model in spotless condition... Win 7 with 64 bit... I replaced the drive with an SSD... delectable.

Own two that I use regularly: a 17" Dell Vostro 3700 for longer trips where I'm usually driving so don't have to carry it; and a much smaller, lighter and thinner 12" HP dv2 for when portability is the main issue (it's ideal for trains and planes!). Best of both worlds that way I think!

Still have an old white macbook that seems to work as well.

Yup. I am currently using a ThinkPad T400 and I just LOVE it. I have hardly ever seen a laptop as durable and rugged as ThinkPads and their planning into the minutest of details regarding user comfort just amazes me. :)

Samsung R519, which I use extensively to write and code with for about six hours a day. Surprisingly for a cheap and cheerful unit it's pretty solid, and as much as I hate to admit it Vista seems to be pretty bug free. Not doing a lot of graphical work at the moment so don't need anything with more firepower.

If the job I've just been approached for comes off, then might upgrade to a Mac later in the year.

Samsung R519, which I use extensively to write and code with for about six hours a day. Surprisingly for a cheap and cheerful unit it's pretty solid, and as much as I hate to admit it Vista seems to be pretty bug free. Not doing a lot of graphical work at the moment so don't need anything with more firepower.

If the job I've just been approached for comes off, then might upgrade to a Mac later in the year.
Why would you hate to admit an OS is pretty bug free? That seems like a pretty good thing to me.

Top Bottom