Do you have these features

gavpeds

Hi all i am on mybb at the moment and thinking of moving over to xenforo.

But i do need all these features.
Mobile support
Ad management
Paid subscription to view VIP area
Seo URLs and sitemap generation.

Just tried this and seemed to work for the most part but messed up permissions and user groups etc. Anyone want to loan ipb for conversion?
No matter what method you choice you may need to adjust/change the permissions for the user groups and the user groups itself due to that different forum software has their own permissions sets which do not always math the existing permissions, this may also apply to user groups.

I have made the leap! Got a licence now to test currently I have put in a different domain to test on once I download can I use this on both test domain and live one or will I have change domain here and re download?

Congrats :)

You have to change the domain once you move it in your license options, no need to redownload it though.

You are allowed to have one test install on your domain in a locked directory though.

Before deploying the Software, you must register in the XenForo.com customer area the address (URL) at which You will use the License. This URL must be kept up-to-date. You may create a single additional test installation for the purpose of testing the Software. Any test installation of this kind must be password protected, and access to it must be limited to You and Your website staff.

http://xenforo.com/license-agreement/

One thing i am having trouble with is copying avatars and attachments. The converter to phpbb does not seem to do it. any way of getting my mybb avatars and attachments moved over?

Well i converted board from mybb to phpbb which went ok but it didnt copy any of the avatars or attachements and were no options to set this. So i have the board in phpbb but really need to get my avatars and attachments over also. Is there a way to get them on phpbb ready to convert to XF or can i copy them from mybb to XF some how?

Not converted to XF yet as want to sort out getting these over as well

Well i converted board from mybb to phpbb which went ok but it didnt copy any of the avatars or attachements and were no options to set this. So i have the board in phpbb but really need to get my avatars and attachments over also. Is there a way to get them on phpbb ready to convert to XF or can i copy them from mybb to XF some how?

Not converted to XF yet as want to sort out getting these over as well

Try changing the chmod on the attachment / avatar folder and all their contents within to 777. Also change the destination folders also to 777. This seems to help when converting any attachment.

umm sounds like phpbb importer isn't finding them

now if i recall correctly it asks where your old board was correct when setting up convert?

(thinks thats phpbb that asks the location)

ah thats what it wanted, aka found avatar path from there

basically what you could do is via a file manager or ftp upload an entire copy of ya mybb site to

whateverdomain/phpbbfoldername/Mybb_goes_here

then put/mybbfoldername in the path to old board in the convertor :)

that should find all attachments

Ok so
install phpbb
put copy of all mybb files here phpBBdomain/mybb
enter phpbb converter and enter path like olddomain/mybb or phpBBdomain/mybb?
run converter?

Can i ask what difference it makes putting a copy of all mybb files in phpbb?

Ok so
install phpbb
put copy of all mybb files here phpBBdomain/mybb
enter phpbb converter and enter path like olddomain/mybb or phpBBdomain/mybb?
run converter?

Can i ask what difference it makes putting a copy of all mybb files in phpbb?
i think sometimes the phpbb convertor just enjoys being a total pain

I have done a few converts by bouncing through phpbb and thats what i had to do to get it working :)

and you should be able to just enter /foldernameofmybb or try what vistor said if mine doesn;t:)

sometimes servers are set up in certain ways which makes it hard for convertor to work normally:)

Top Bottom