Discord Integration

Discord Integration [Paid] 2.8.6

No permission to buy ($35.00)
I'm getting these as well with the 8WR Streams addon.

Is your Discord addon broken? 8WR one seems to be, at least on our site.

On our forum, we have the stock feature "Send user report into forum" enabled, located under user discouragement and discipline
xJSDyU3.png

Currently the bot is not detecting when a thread is posted to the board in this way. It will detect a user created thread just fine, but it isn't detecting when a thread is created for a report.

Does the bot update the user's role within Discord right away when the user gets removed for the same group on our forum?

Let's say a member upgraded their account and then do not renew their subscription. Our forum will automatically remove them from a specific user group. Will the Discord bot be able to downgrade the user's role in Discord as well automatically?

Does the bot update the user's role within Discord right away when the user gets removed for the same group on our forum?

Let's say a member upgraded their account and then do not renew their subscription. Our forum will automatically remove them from a specific user group. Will the Discord bot be able to downgrade the user's role in Discord as well automatically?
When any usergroup changes happen, they'll be synced to Discord automatically, so yes.

Would it be possible to get a "Join our Discord" widget that shows only when the user does not have a Discord account connected? I could do this myself, but I figured I'd ask.

Is it possible to use this add-on without allowing XF users to login using their Discord accounts?

Looks like the option "Allow logging in via Discord" under "Setup->Options->Discord Integration" has to be checked or users will not be able to associate their discord account with their XF account from hxxps://xyz.com/account/connected-accounts/.

Syncing should happen when a user's groups change but there's no way to force it unless you change a particular user's groups or have them relink their account. What's the use case?

Syncing should happen when a user's groups change but there's no way to force it unless you change a particular user's groups or have them relink their account. What's the use case?
Ohh okay, I must have misread the documentation. I thought maybe if a user connects their account that they would automatically me assigned their role.

You need to set up the associated roles for each applicable user group first. Then, when a user connects their account, they'll get the roles they're entitled to at that point in time. If their user groups change after that, their roles will automatically be updated.

Alternatively and I forgot to mention in my previous message, you can edit the associated roles for each user group and that will also re-sync Discord roles for users who are in that user group.

You need to set up the associated roles for each applicable user group first. Then, when a user connects their account, they'll get the roles they're entitled to at that point in time. If their user groups change after that, their roles will automatically be updated.
I've done this. That's why I'm confused as if I was missing something.

I even tried updating the associated roles to even see it would sync. I tested the bot connect via Admin > Tools > Test Discord Integration. It's all green.

Are you testing the syncing on yourself? If so, the bot can't update you because you would outrank it in permissions. If not, you'll need to make sure the bot's role is higher in the role hierarchy than other roles.

If it's neither of these cases, feel free to open a conversation with me with a link to your Discord and I can have a look.

Top Bottom